What's new

Fine Latigo Aftershave

M

Member 113878

Used this today. I would say it is on par with the other Fine AS's I have. It is described as leather, talc and diesel. It is a much lighter leather scent than I was thinking, but very nice. I would call it more classy smelling, vs a workman's leather scent. I do also get the talc....not sure about the diesel. I also think that based on the light leather (vs dark and damp) it will be a good choice for year round use.

Just got mine today, from Maggards. Their ad says it's a clone of the venerable Knize Ten cologne, which I have never tried. Fine's website says that Latigo = Leather + Talc + Diesel.

The leather scent comes through nicely, mixed with a soft powdery talc that lends a soapy and somewhat woody/floral undertone. Diesel? ... thankfully not. Instead it has a sort of machine shop automotive scent in the background, which I like. It's not a sexy date-night scent, but is dark and wintery, in a comforting sort of way.

In the end, within an hour, it dries down to a baby-powder scent that may grow on me, or maybe not. I wish I had waited for the sample size to be available, so I could evaluate it for awhile before splurging on the whole bottle. But it may grow on me ... it takes awhile to decide on such things.

By way of a similar vibe, Latigo reminds me somewhat of Baudelaire, and of Midnight Stag, and also of Fahrenheit -- scents that some of you may be familiar with.

ok, i succumbed in a recent order from joe's.
in a sniff from the bottles only, latigo is surprisingly close to knize ten aftershave.
maybe a tad more citrus and not as potent as knize ten.
altho i could not detect menthol in latigo just from sniffing the bottle.
but, at a fraction of the knize price, a reasonable knock-off.
looking forward to seeing how it works in live action.

IMG_7294.JPG

splashed on the fine latigo today for first time after the shave.
have to say, it was excellent!
yes, not as potent or pungent as Knize Ten aftershave.
however, quite similar, clean leather scent.
plus, nice skin toning quality.
the menthol adds a great element!
will definitely look forward to using again!

razorock black label fougere shavemac kai fine latigo november 24 2020.jpg

splashed on the fine latigo today for first time after the shave.
have to say, it was excellent!
yes, not as potent or pungent as Knize Ten aftershave.
however, quite similar, clean leather scent.
plus, nice skin toning quality.
the menthol adds a great element!
will definitely look forward to using again!

View attachment 1186589

what does that razorock black label stick smell/perform like?

what does that razorock black label stick smell/perform like?

I'm not particularly good at describing scents.
This RR stick smells powdery, maybe a little aquatic and ferny.
Performance was good; decent, stable lather; but not quite as good as, say, Tabac.
Only real drawback is lack of any convenient container.
I might scrounge around and look.
Meanwhile, just using the original paper label and some band-aid shipping tape as a sleeve.
And wrapped overall in kitchen plastic wrap.

First I've heard of this. Seems like an interesting scent. But probably not one I would want to use. Glad people are enjoying it.

"It's boots and chaps;
It's cowboy hats;
It's spurs and latigo --
It's the ropes and the reins
And the joy and the pain,
And they call the thing 'rodeo'!"

-- Garth Brooks

Top Bottom