What's new

Fine American Blend = Winner

After reading quite a few threads on what my next purchase should be, I decided on going with the Fine American Blend. I've had it for over a week now, and ever since I got it, I haven't reached for anything else. I love this stuff! The scent is great, and it just feels amazing on my face. It has just the right amount of menthol for me. I can feel the tingle for a fair amount of time, but it's not overpowering like Aqua Velva. I don't have a huge collection like some here, but I do have all the Captain's Choice scents, Aqua Velva, Clubman, and Gillette Cool Wave. For me, the Fine is the finest of these. Next on my list are some more of the Fine scents, and some Proraso.

Fine American Blend is a nice menthol-alcohol splash.

$art of shaving lavender rudy vey hart steel shorty fine canoe august 13 2016.jpg

I haven't tried the American splash yet, waiting on the soap and the AS to be in stock at the same time :001_smile I absolutely love the Platinum from Fine though and can highly recommend it.

I haven't tried the American splash yet, waiting on the soap and the AS to be in stock at the same time :001_smile I absolutely love the Platinum from Fine though and can highly recommend it.

I'm thinking the Platinum is going to be next on my list. I'd also like to try some Stirling.

I've got a bottle of the American Blend inbound, should be here tomorrow if the little tracking thing isn't lying to me (and it has before). I've read in a couple of places that the scent is similar to TOBS Shaving Shop, is that indeed the case?

It is indeed great stuff. The scent is great to my nose, and the ingredient list is nice and simple.

The one drawback is if you are looking for moisturizing from your aftershave FAB (and all Fine aftershaves) you won't get it from Fine. That's both a positive and a negative, depending on your skin and the time of year.

For me when I do want moisturizing I'll just put about 7 drops of glycerine in a full bottle. That adds a bit of moisturizing for less than pennies. In the summer I tend to skip it, but it can be nice in the winter.

Top Bottom