What's new

Fine Accoutrements Shaving Brush - Anyone Tried One Yet?

I see that Mr. Fine recently started selling some cool looking shaving brushes and was wondering if anyone here has tried them out yet. If so, what did you think of them?

I am not in the market for a brush now, but I saw those and assuming they are as high quality as his AS product, I would not hesitate to buy. Plus I like the classic styling and color. I hope he has great success with them.

Used the silvertip about 10 times now. The first two shaves I wasn’t getting good lather however now it’s producing amazing lather. Seems to definitely have a breakin period. Two passes made with copious amounts of lather. I notice a little bit of scratchiness but others might disagree. The brush has very good backbone and since I face lather I like it. The price on this is a no-brainer for a silvertip. I don’t know of any other two tone solid handles like this. I like the look of the brush and it’s performance is more than reasonable, especially considering the price, great value IMO.

Ya, the brushes look quite nice. I'd be interested in hearing more opinions if anyone else has tried one. I'm probably going to buy the bowl when it comes out, so I'm considering the brush to go with it.

Used the silvertip about 10 times now. The first two shaves I wasn’t getting good lather however now it’s producing amazing lather. Seems to definitely have a breakin period. Two passes made with copious amounts of lather. I notice a little bit of scratchiness but others might disagree. The brush has very good backbone and since I face lather I like it. The price on this is a no-brainer for a silvertip. I don’t know of any other two tone solid handles like this. I like the look of the brush and it’s performance is more than reasonable, especially considering the price, great value IMO.

Just a few questions if you could take a moment to answer?

1. Is the handle two-piece injection molded? It looks to be a bottom and a top that are somehow joined from the website pictures (ie: gap between red bottom and top white where the two meet at the lip)?

2. The specs on the website give a 20mm knot at 56 loft, which would be considered a very high loft for a typical silvertip brush, or perhaps any 20mm knot badger brush for that matter. Have you measured your brush to see if this is correct? If so is your brush floppy at that high of a loft?

3. Do you have any other brushes to reference the density to? The knot looks like it would compare with a whipped dog brush, but appears to be noticeably less dense than say a shavemac of equal specs.

(not trying to grill you, but just curious for my own point of reference)

Thanks.

Just a few questions if you could take a moment to answer?

1. Is the handle two-piece injection molded? It looks to be a bottom and a top that are somehow joined from the website pictures (ie: gap between red bottom and top white where the two meet at the lip)?

2. The specs on the website give a 20mm knot at 56 loft, which would be considered a very high loft for a typical silvertip brush, or perhaps any 20mm knot badger brush for that matter. Have you measured your brush to see if this is correct? If so is your brush floppy at that high of a loft?

3. Do you have any other brushes to reference the density to? The knot looks like it would compare with a whipped dog brush, but appears to be noticeably less dense than say a shavemac of equal specs.

(not trying to grill you, but just curious for my own point of reference)

Thanks.

answers below

1) the red and black are two separate pieced joined together, i can't see any "gap", there is a tight join where both pieces meet.

2) the loft on my brush is 55. i only face lather, i don't notice any floppiness when face lathering imo.

3) i would say that it has the same density as my franks silvertip. less dense than my dovo micarta silvertip and more dense than my rosegold muhle silvertip. hope this helps.

I've been considering the purchase of this brush, and am wondering if there are any additional feedbacks/impressions on the Silvertip version.

I'd like to check one out. It's a good price but seems a bit floppy. I got a Simpsons recently and I like that it's a bit firm.

I ordered one today as well. The WD synthetic is my favorite, but I really like Fine products, and the brush looked like a great value,

I got mine today. It's a nice brush. It's a good deal smaller than the WD but should still work well. Especially for travel. I'm gonna try it out soon. Seems very similar to a smaller Plisson.

Used my 20mm for the first time today. Worked really well, but it shed a bunch of hairs at first. Lathered like a monster and didn't fling any lather around like my Plisson.

Top Bottom