What's new

Fine Accoutrements Fan Club (name pending)

Alright I think it is time to start a fan club for Fine. I couldn't find one previously and that is shocking to me.

With all of the awesome Aftershaves, Brushes, Bowls, and now Soaps. They are officially in the game! So let's get this started right!

What names do you gents propose? My initial thought is Fine Brothers Unite or FBU for short.

Come join in gents and let's talk all things Fine!

Last edited:
Here's my SOTD to get it started

$uploadfromtaptalk1464790338371.jpg

Big fan of Fine L'Orange Noir AS and soap... I'lol be trying the sandalwood line when I get some room in the old drawer.

Fine Accoutrements Nation... F.A.N. Club.

Big fan of Fine L'Orange Noir AS and soap... I'lol be trying the sandalwood line when I get some room in the old drawer.

Fine Accoutrements Nation... F.A.N. Club.

Welcome to the club... I like the idea of FAN. We need more members!

I have all of the fine soaps. Here was today's run.

proxy.php

If that Sandalwood is as good as its touted to be, Fine may be the only soaps I own. I'll still have a T&H cream laying around for special occasions though. The Fine soaps thus far don't sting my fave like other artisan soaps I've tried. The L'ON sop is absolutely on point for me in every aspect. So here's to a dang good soap!

Big F.A.N. here as well!!

I'll upload pics later but have most of the scents. Platinum and classic are still my favorite aftershaves! Best.

I went ahead and ordered the Sandalwood aftershave. Hopefully it pairs well with Proraso Red(a favorite of mine). Even if it doesn't it won't matter much as the Proraso smell doesn't hang around. So there. On that, today's pre-night shift shave was just fine... And a little Nivea. Simply superb.

$image.jpg

The Santal Absolut arrived today. It's every bit as good as the others. The scent is a fine middle road between the earthy Proraso and cologney TOBS scents. It's basically earthy with a hint of sweetness as opposed to either extreme. I'm a fan.

I love Fine Aftershaves the only brand I own 3 of!
Platinum is my favorite so far but L'Orange Noir is a close second and of course American Blend is a staple.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting how so many folks here seem to use and love Fine’s products, but not much love for this “Club” here. Although I think most clubs are focused on vintage items and hardware.

I am a huge fan of Fine! I have all their scents with the exception of Snakebite...which I guess is not much of a scent vs just a freeze!

I have not tried their hardware.

I don't own any of their software, but I own two examples of the hardware...

A "Stout" in white:

full

...and a "Classic" in two-tone blue:

full

Both are great brushes. But, the thing that I like most about Fine is their customer service. I received a defective brush and sent an e-mail to Todd (AKA Mr. Fine) asking if I could fix it myself somehow. He didn't even entertain the notion. He just said "I'm sending you a new brush!", even though I didn't buy it directly from them and shipping to Canada is expensive. It was also Christmas, so they were busy as heck.

I wrote about my experience in this B&B thread. Most of the time, we see posts complaining about bad service. Less common are posts that praise good service, so I just wanted to give Fine their due.

I bought three of Fine's splashes early on in my DE shaving journey. Speaking bluntly they were a "gateway drug" to the "originals."

My favourite is definitely the Platinum which is very close to Aventus but obviously at the lower AS strength. I also have Hermes Terre d'Hermes which was the basis for L'Orange Noir. Again this is less powerful than the EDC but is the longest lasting Fine splash I have. To my nose, it's slightly less successful a clone, having some chalkiness. Finally I have Italian Citrus, which is very refreshing. I've not bought any ADP as the Fine did fool a friend who took it for the original.

I have too many soaps but will try some of theirs in the future.

Top Bottom