What's new

Fine Accoutrements Aftershaves

My current favorite Fine aftershave is L'Orange Noir. However, I greatly enjoy both American Blend and Snake Bite!

I actually haven't bought any new shave products in a couple of years (including aftershaves), I've just been using what I already had. These are the only scents from Fine that I've used... maybe it's time for me to order some of their others!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I have a couple of their EDTs. I find that the American Blend and Latigo EDTs have really good longevity. The Italian Citrus and Platinum have...less. That being said they are still very nice, and help freshen the scent for sure. And they are relatively inexpensive as EDTs go.

Thank you very much for the reply ill have to give them a go 🙂

So what is the Spearhead debacle?

So if you're familiar with Spearhead Shaving Co. the first thing they brought to market was a replica of the Gillette WWI Khaki razor carrying case. He upgraded a lot of the features with modern materials etc. and has them made in the USA. He did a lot of work and spent a lot of money to offer a really cool product in other words. Then Mr. Fine comes along, actually purchased one from him, sent it to China to have the design copied and made cheaply over there to resell here for a profit. He undercut Spearhead on the price too.

So if you're familiar with Spearhead Shaving Co. the first thing they brought to market was a replica of the Gillette WWI Khaki razor carrying case. He upgraded a lot of the features with modern materials etc. and has them made in the USA. He did a lot of work and spent a lot of money to offer a really cool product in other words. Then Mr. Fine comes along, actually purchased one from him, sent it to China to have the design copied and made cheaply over there to resell here for a profit. He undercut Spearhead on the price too.
Well, that turns me off of them.

This makes me wanna support Spearhead furiously.

This makes me wanna support Spearhead furiously.
I just looked at both sites. You can tell one was copied from the other. I'm a person who prefers to avoid "made in China" anyway because the Chinese Communist Party is evil. I had previously e-mailed Fine about their bowl. It's made in China, too.

I just looked at both sites. You can tell one was copied from the other. I'm a person who prefers to avoid "made in China" anyway because the Chinese Communist Party is evil. I had previously e-mailed Fine about their bowl. It's made in China, too.

I have the Spearhead case and am very happy with it. I do not have the Fine case and have no desire to order one. That being said, luggage grade vinyl (Fine) is nothing like ballistic nylon (Spearhead).

In some respects the Spearhead case was copied from the Razor Emporium case which was copied from the Gillette case circa WW I. In any event, Spearhead and Fine distinguished themselves with different materials from the original or the Razor Emporium case.

To the original question, I currently enjoy Latigo, American Blend, Fresh Vetiver (until it is gone as it is no longer available) and Snake Bite. All are good for me. Of particular note is the lack of glycerine. Glycerine can sometimes leave a sticky feeling on my face. The Fine products feel clean and the menthol cooling.

Wow, I’m awaiting a Fine bowl and now I’m kinda turned off. :facep:

Edit: once the border opens I’m gonna pull the trigger on a Captain’s Choice bowl. It’s the right thing to do

01914BD4-7DAF-4185-B495-EB3B4CE7E33D.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, I’m awaiting a Fine bowl and now I’m kinda turned off. :facep:

Edit: once the border opens I’m gonna pull the trigger on a Captain’s Choice bowl. It’s the right thing to do
The bowl I ordered last spring turned out to be a Chinese knockoff of the Captain's Choice bowl. I didn't know anything about the company. I didn't look for any "made in" label. I was simply on Amazon looking for a bowl and thought that one looked good. It was once when I posted a picture on B&B and said I had no idea who the company was...I'd never heard of them...and someone said it's a Chinese copy of Cap'n Choice. So I looked and sure enough.... Live and learn.

I bought a Yaqi bowl early on then I realized it was a Periera knock off. Hence the Fine bowl. dang it!
The bowl I ordered last spring turned out to be a Chinese knockoff of the Captain's Choice bowl. I didn't know anything about the company. I didn't look for any "made in" label. I was simply on Amazon looking for a bowl and thought that one looked good. It was once when I posted a picture on B&B and said I had no idea who the company was...I'd never heard of them...and someone said it's a Chinese copy of Cap'n Choice. So I looked and sure enough.... Live and learn.

I recently purchased the Fine American Blend.
At first sniff It reminded me of old Old spice. I hate wasting money trying to find a scent I like and being disappointed.
I put a tiny bit on - hadn't even shaved and went to work.
The scent really grew on me as I had time to evaluate it. Extremely nice and long lasting as well. I felt like I got to smell all the ingredients gradually. After day 1 its a win and will remain.

I wandered into a local store I buy shave supplies from, this weekend, and they had Fine on close-out for 75% off. I picked up 12 Snakebite, and 4 Platinum, leaving one bottle of balm, since I am not a fan of balms. I have no regrets.

Top Bottom