What's new

Finding the best suited frag for SAponificio varesino Shaving Soap that matches the scent

Hello everyone, I’m relatively new to wet shaving, i tested a few shaving soaps such as MDC, MLF, TOBS, Zingary man, SV…etc

I’m so in LOVE with SV Mirto Di Sardegna , does anyone know what’s the closest fragrance that matches this Soap , your honest reply is very appreciated : ) ✌️

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
There is no earthly reason to feel you need to match your soap fragrance to your AS fragrance, but if you love this frag why not just purchase their Mirto Di Sardegna after shave?

I already did, that aftershave only lasts for 30min to 1hr !
I’ve been trying to search in fragrantica website, couldn’t find any match

Nice! SV is beloved. Are you aware SV makes complete lines; so you can buy matching AS and EDP?

Besides asking the perfume geniuses here, which you have already done, one thing you could do is check the fragrance profile from SV and look for complimentary fragrance profiles in the archives here or on sites like basenotes or fragrantica.

I mention this because SV makes the fragrance profile available on their website, which not all soap makers do. I am attaching it here for good measure:
BE9E04B4-354A-4A9E-A312-4E94D49109ED.jpeg

I personally seem to have an olfactory challenge and am a frag novice, so I am not sure how easy it is to find matches in this manner. So take this with a grain of salt, but it’s worth a shot and seems like fun to me.

According to my chart, it is Cartier Declaration. But, I haven't looked up the discussion around this one in some time as SV tend to be sufficiently unique as to not be considered a dupe. One idea is to look that frag up on Fragrantica and scroll down to see what other frags smell similar and see if the scent description better matches. You kind of need to get in the ballpark as searching by notes is really tedious.

Hello everyone, I’m relatively new to wet shaving, i tested a few shaving soaps such as MDC, MLF, TOBS, Zingary man, SV…etc

I’m so in LOVE with SV Mirto Di Sardegna , does anyone know what’s the closest fragrance that matches this Soap , your honest reply is very appreciated : ) ✌️

Hmm I'm kind of new to SV soaps myself and only have the 70th. I'm currently researching my next SV soap and using this site as a reference. Hopefully it's helpful

There is no earthly reason to feel you need to match your soap fragrance to your AS fragrance
Agreed. For me, the soap fragrance is my shaving aromatherapy. The scent after is ... the scent after. For example, I really enjoy SV's Desert Vetiver. I pair it with Stirling Sandpiper splash. They are not the same, but I like the combo. On the other side of this, I keep hoping someone can make a splash as close as possible to Nuavia Blu (I have their balm and soap, but I like a splash).

So, I completely understand the desire to pair a soap with a scent. The more I give myself liberty to enjoy the soap and splash separately, the happier I am. But, no matter what, enjoy the journey!

Mirto di Sardegna and RazoRock Nomad are very close scent wise. And since Nomad is a clone of Penhaligon's Zizonia I would say try grabbing a sample to see If they really match.

Top Bottom