What's new

Find me a nice cap! ie Housing for G2 that is non-retractable

Looking to put my G2/Frixion refills in something that has a cap ie non-retractable, as I tend to forget to retract and then, because I left my pocket protector back in 1982, I ruin my dress shirts by writing on the pocket.

Thoughts on a nice writing tool I can install these refills in, without a mod and nothing too expensive.

Those look nice. And I am a huge fan of then”space race” 50’s-60’s design stuff. It’s shown in black but not available in black? And too bad I missed that limited edition Reaktor, the black and gold looked sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go shopping for a rollerball at a nice B&M pen shop, take an empty refill with you, and compare while at the shop?

Go shopping for a rollerball at a nice B&M pen shop, take an empty refill with you, and compare while at the shop?

Limited, not in a city. Those are few and far between. Saw a thread about the Pilot Metropolitain. See that they have a rollerball version. That may do. Won’t mind loosing a $15 pen

Found elsewhere...

There may be a comprehensive listing somewhere, but i've never seen it. The following rollerball brands accept the Pilot G2 refill (but there may be other brands which accept the G2 in addition to these):

Aurora
Bexley
Conklin
Conway Stewart
Delta
Faber-Castell
Monteverde
Rotring
Stipula
Taccia
Visconti
Waterford
Waterman

This is probably not much help, but I put a G-2 refill in my Namiki Bamboo roller ball.

G2 refil can fit a montblanc and Dupont rollerball too.
Can't fit Sailor though

Don't forget Pilot/Namiki. I have one in my Namiki Impressions.

I have a g2 refill in my Lamy 2000 rollerball pen. It does take an extremely simple hack to work though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pilot Metropolitan Rollerball. Only downside is that, in my opinion, it does not post real well.

That’s disappointing. I am a “poster” most of the time.

Is it that it makes the pen unbalanced or that it doesn’t fit/stay well?

Side note - just looked at a G2 vs Precise V5 refill. If you like the Precise V5, it's the same shape/dimension as the G2...

Now I need to remember to bring my Waterman rollerball to work and swap the refill...

The G2 refill fits a Waterman Hemisphere rollerball perfectly. I have one with it. I could never get the factory refills to last without drying out. The G2 has, and I don't use it that regularly.

You have a lot of options as those refills fit a lot of pens - Faber Castell Ambition is a great classy pen that feel substantial. My ST Duponts are the ultimate for me if have the budget.

Top Bottom