What's new

Finally worked up the nerve to try the dreaded feather blade again.

A few years ago when I started safety razor shaving before I went back to electric I had a sample pack of blades to try out. The Feathers just seemed to tear my face up so I stuck to the milder Crystals. Today I was out and saw some Feathers and thought what the heck. This time I was careful and used a very light touch with my post war Tech with a Feather in it. Wow what a difference. The shave was not only the closest I've had but also the most comfortable. Guess maybe I learned something on here, it just took a little while lol

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
You used the right razor. :a14:

The post war Tech is rapidly becoming my favorite razor out of the ones I have including a Gillette Rocket Flare Tip, NEW LC and a NEW SC.

I havent used a Feather in it yet, but a Polsilver is bliss.

Today I was out and saw some Feathers and thought what the heck. This time I was careful and used a very light touch with my post war Tech with a Feather in it. Wow what a difference. The shave was not only the closest I've had but also the most comfortable. Guess maybe I learned something on here, it just took a little while lol
I think you had the correct approach and got the good result. The Tech and Feather seem to be a great combination. The Feather blade works well in all my razors.
It always confuses me when people are in awe of the Feather blade and expect a bad result. Only the foolhardy would be cavalier with such a dangerous cutting edge until they got familiar with it.

Feather's get a bad rap. I put off using them for a long time because I was almost scared of them. Lots of people saying they chewed up their face, and they were too sharp..... Once I finally gave in and tried them, I absolutely loved them. Sharp and smooth! And they last forever... I hit shave #89 today.

The big lesson here is to not give up on stuff completely. Sometimes things don't work for us at the time, but later down the road after we work on our technique and learn new skills, sometimes we try them again and all of the sudden it works! I find this applies to me a lot with soaps. I give up on a soap for being finicky, then try it later and I can lather it just fine.

Top Bottom