What's new

Finally understand why people love Techs!

Well to preface this moment let me tell you I have over 25 razors ranging from a tech to higher end de's/se's such as a Att S1, timeless ss .68, and an ever ready streamline to name just a few.

I love to collect razors for their beauty, performance, and using different techniques. The tech never used to be high on my shave list. I got one for when I first started collecting, but it always seemed pretty basic (boring). It was mild shaver so I used it for my head when I was in a rush, but barely used it for my face.

Well I put in a personna medprep blade, and oh my finally understanding hit me. I am more a fan of the personna blues, but now I see why people like medpreps so much (I thought for a second they were hyped up or not for my facial hair).

Well I shaved my face and head today to bbs really easily, and not one weeper. Now I am on the hunt for a hybrid and a flat bottom British tech lol. RAD kicks in once again!

Last edited:
0716201538.jpg0716201535a.jpg
0716201535.jpg

None of my 5 Techs has ever let me down. Personal favorite is the gold pre-war fat handle but I like the weight of the ball end. One nice surprise was a 1951 bakelite handle that I got for $8.00 on a trip back from Florida. It isn't much to look at but it always shaves well.

Just received a allu British tech and first shave with a fresh gilette silver blue did not disappoint. I am used to heavier razors and a fresh gsb so a bit more cutting resistance as I am used to have. Still a nice mild razor imho

Attachments

• 047876ED-20D7-4937-B2D8-22C55EEFF640.png
    047876ED-20D7-4937-B2D8-22C55EEFF640.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 15

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Techs are fantastic razors. Paired with a Feather they give me extremely good shaves. Plus there is so many to choose from or have around. I will always buy a Tech when I am out antiquing if the price is reasonable.

Just had my first shave with a tech. Used a Voskhod blade in it. First pass was a little on the tuggy side but I ended up getting one of the best shaves that I’ve ever had

Top Bottom