What's new

Finally joined the Club...

Congrats on getting your guns. I thought getting a ccw permit in NJ was impossible? Is this a permit just to own a gun? If so I'd move to a more gun friendly place...that's just me.

Well, take Oz off your list - I don’t think they are even allowed a pocketknife.

Might try Texas, Montana, etc where liberty roams.

Think...... Vermont.... Yep. Probably the most gun friendly place in the US. You don't even need a permit to carry a concealed firearm in Vermont. If you are under 16 your parents need to say it is OK though.

If I remember right, the Firearms ID in NJ allows you to buy rifles & shotguns. I don't think there's a limit. To purchase a handgun you need a permit from your local police for each handgun and I think you're limited to 1 permit per month. The time it takes to get issued a handgun permit varies from town to town. Could be a week, could be never. There used to be some towns that refused to issue them. Carry in NJ? Forget it.

You did great, Rudy. Many years ago when I lived in NJ it took me almost 6 months to get a permit. But back then the Garden State was very hostile to anyone wanting a permit.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Sounds like a great place for criminals to practice their trade. They don't have to worry so much about being shot.

Welcome to the club Rudy. You've made some great purchases. Gasp! I wonder if Rudy will start making his own grips now. I can only imagine what a limited edition set of Badger and Blade 1911 grip would look like.

Maybe I'll have Rudy do these in Preban Ivory

$gg419.jpg

Hey Rudy, now that you are a gun owner, and if you don't have kids in the house, a dime will get you a dollar that within one month you will have a piece sitting on your night stand. If you don't already.

Congrats on being a gun owner.

People mentioned keeping guns away from children ... but also from adults, especially the inexperienced folks.

Short story: After my grandfathers funeral, his guns were handed out according to his wishes. One of my Atlanta cousins -big city raised- received a 44 magnum carbine. I watched him and he didn't even check the receiver. I asked him if I could look at the rifle and after getting it, I proceeded to empty 6 shells out of it - his eyes got Real Big!

Last edited:
Gee, I'm glad I live in Georgia ... fully auto and silencers are legal here -of course, you must have permit.

There are very few places where they are restricted but everywhere requires your Federal class 3 application and issuance. The FBI fingerprint registration turns a lot of folks off to owning class 3 firearms.

Best full auto silenced I have seen is the H&K MP5 integral (non removable) silenced select fire that was made for the SIS. Small, compact, and quiet as a church mouse on 3 round select fire. The sound of the empties hitting the floor were louder than the firing report. I've only seen and handled one and that was 20 years ago. Can't even find a pic of one on the web now.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
There are very few places where they are restricted but everywhere requires your Federal class 3 application and issuance. The FBI fingerprint registration turns a lot of folks off to owning class 3 firearms.

Best full auto silenced I have seen is the H&K MP5 integral (non removable) silenced select fire that was made for the SIS. Small, compact, and quiet as a church mouse on 3 round select fire. The sound of the empties hitting the floor were louder than the firing report. I've only seen and handled one and that was 20 years ago. Can't even find a pic of one on the web now.

Most impressive. It is hard to get a full auto or semiauto that quiet, with the bolt, operating rod, etc slamming around. Was it firing a subsonic round?

Two very fine choices. Congratulations!

I second the recommendation for a 22LR. It's a great way to get trigger time to improve your skills without dumping a ton of money. My personal favorite is the Ruger 22/45.

Top Bottom