What's new

Finally got hold of a feather to try out

Banged it into the old Gillette adjustable, dialed it down to #2 (normally shave on #5) and did one pass wtg and one atg and then finished off on #5.
Result, a simply fantastic shave and no cuts or nicks, just a couple of small bleeder on the neck.
I did think that these blades may have been slightly over hyped however, they are extremely sharp. Now the problem is getting hold of them in Canada.

I seem to recall that cr8n was chasing bulk buys of Feathers a short while back. He may be able to help you with a local source. And perhaps contact LetterK over at Westcoastshaving.com

Cheers

Jeremy

Hope that's helpful. If you don't have any luck, please PM me and I can tell you where I got mine. BTW. That's a very strange Canadian flag you are flying there.

Cheers

Jeremy

Hope that's helpful. If you don't have any luck, please PM me and I can tell you where I got mine. BTW. That's a very strange Canadian flag you are flying there.

Cheers

Jeremy

It looks like part of the older Canadian flag. The Cross of St. George.

I'm nearly there I think. I've been shaving with a Slant for about a week now and I'm quite pleased with the results. The next and final step is trying the "dreaded" Feather in it. Many have raved about this combination. I'm almost ready to take the plunge.

I'm nearly there I think. I've been shaving with a Slant for about a week now and I'm quite pleased with the results. The next and final step is trying the "dreaded" Feather in it. Many have raved about this combination. I'm almost ready to take the plunge.

Go very carefully with it, no pressure otherwise you may feel the burn!

I'll have to put straight shaving on the back burner for now, that's because I still need a strop and paddle cfp.:eek:

I want feathers:biggrin:

I'm a huge advocate of feathers. If you don't cut yourself up with other blades, you likely won't with feathers either. They're sharp, not jagged! Of course, if you use any pressure, the consequences may be more severe with a feather than if you were using something milder.

Glad you enjoyed the result!

BTW, I ordered mine last year from classicshaving.com, but I'm not sure they still ship to Canada. Blades in general are so affordable, I bought enough to last over a year anyway...

Ryan

I'm headed to Osaka (home of Feather Corp) on business the week after next. I'm imagining that it will be the land of plenty, with Feather blades available at at every local quicky-mart in town for just a few yen for as many as you can cram in your shopping bag....

But, alas, it may be that as with other Japanese items (electronics and the like) it will be even more expensive to buy it over there than it is to order it on-line back here in the States.

We'll see...

I just bought some from Pauldog over at SMF, he charges $0.25 per blade and you can buy as many as you need, shipping to Canada is very reasonable too. Check him out.
Banged it into the old Gillette adjustable, dialed it down to #2 (normally shave on #5) and did one pass wtg and one atg and then finished off on #5.
Result, a simply fantastic shave and no cuts or nicks, just a couple of small bleeder on the neck.
I did think that these blades may have been slightly over hyped however, they are extremely sharp. Now the problem is getting hold of them in Canada.

Top Bottom