What's new

Finally got a HD

I decided my collection wouldn't be complete without a Merkur HD. I received it Monday and have used it twice (also shaved with a Fatboy I just received). It came with a Merkur blade and at first I didn't want to use it. Several years ago I purchased a Merkur Mustache razor and pack of blade from a Cutlery store in the mall, none of the blades would cut the hair on my arm let alone my whiskers. But the Merkur DE blades are highly rated on this forum so I use the one that came with the razor. Very nicely made razor, I wish the plating was as nise on the old Gillettes. Shaves very nice too, different then my Gillettes. This razor is at the top of my razor rotation along with the Fatboy, Slin and Super Seed.
Now I need to get me a Slant.:thumbup:

cooncatbob said:
I decided my collection wouldn't be complete without a Merkur HD. I received it Monday and have used it twice (also shaved with a Fatboy I just received). It came with a Merkur blade and at first I didn't want to use it. Several years ago I purchased a Merkur Mustache razor and pack of blade from a Cutlery store in the mall, none of the blades would cut the hair on my arm let alone my whiskers. But the Merkur DE blades are highly rated on this forum so I use the one that came with the razor. Very nicely made razor, I wish the plating was as nise on the old Gillettes. Shaves very nice too, different then my Gillettes. This razor is at the top of my razor rotation along with the Fatboy, Slin and Super Seed.
Now I need to get me a Slant.:thumbup:

FYI,
The "single" blade that comes with the Merkurs is usually awful dull and I'd recommend against using it. The merkurs in the box are packed tight and cannot jostle around to dull them out. As far as the mustache razor - that seems to bea tricky one. I have one and love it - but you have to use a VERY wacky angle with it or it drags/rips like all hell. I dunno if you got a bad blade, or are just not using the right angle, but be careful with that thing and ONLY cut damp/wet hair with it or you'll be in for a really miserable experience. I don't recommend the mustache razors any longer, as too many guys have had big problems with 'em - so you are not alone!

Top Bottom