What's new

Finally found what I've been looking for in a scent which mimics the fall outdoors!

As a hunter, there's not a finer scent than the fall woods as the leaves fall. The scent of dirt, crisp air, decaying leaves, etc. I've been looking for that scent in an aftershave since my wetshaving journey began.

Most of those which espouse to mimic this outdoors scent don't even come close. Scents such as Stirling's Autumn Glory, which you would think would be spot on, smells like....well....***.

During a trip to Pasteur Pharmacy over the weekend, I found Southern Witchcrafts' 'Pomona'. The scent description is honey, red wine, apple, spice, honeysuckle. I get all that and even some of that fall outdoors vibe I've been searching for. It smells like a wagon ride into a pumpkin patch while sipping on hot apple cider. Plus, it's alcohol free so no burn yet has witch hazel so it has some great face feel.

Attachments

• pomona_bottle.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 23

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Pasteur's will set you straight! Nothing like first-hand product examination.

I've been happy with DG's Darkfall - smoky, leaves, good fall stuff.

AA

i like stirling gatlingburg. i have the matching AS in glacial strength. love it. very rustic. also stirling texas on fire is good to go.

4ckb, the stuff sounds good. Around here, though, the smell of fall is pretty much the same as spring and summer: sweat, sewer effluvium, and burned engine oil. That I wouldn't want as an AS, I can tell you.

Top Bottom