What's new

Finally Found... Florida Water!

Awhile back I asked where I might find a bottle of Florida Water (cologne or aftershave?) when visiting in Florida. Some recommended finding a local ethnic market. I have been in South Florida for the past week and while running some errands today I decided to see what Google could do for me do I searched for "Caribbean Market" and was directed 0.4 miles from where I was to a back street in Delray Beach and lo and behold one line bottle on the shelf. $3.00 for 7.5 oz.

0610171422_Burst01.jpg

Congratulations on your treasure.. I do like the scent of Florida Water.. and your price of $3 is much better than mine here in Germany... $15 a bottle. :yikes:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Will be in Fla for a fancy-schmancy wedding next weekend. Maybe I should look for some? Never tried it.

It actually has nothing to do with the state......florida = flower. I believe it was originally developed in New York, but my memory may be off.

Check your local ethnic markets or Walgreens drug store. It's worth getting and is less than $5/bottle.

Almost every local has the stuff somewhere...you just have to find it. Except for you guys in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. :001_tt2:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I found a little plastic bottle of Florida Water at the dollar store. Different label. But it smells pretty good. Is that label in the original post the official one? Or does it vary?

I purchased a box of six off ebay. I saved two bottles for my boys for Christmas and use a bottle to make Blue Steel (50/50 AV and Florida Water). I decanted the remaining in to a corked rum bottle; the stuff is great!

I found a little plastic bottle of Florida Water at the dollar store. Different label. But it smells pretty good. Is that label in the original post the official one? Or does it vary?

There are different companies that make a "florida water". The one in the OP is the original Murray & Lanman version.

I got a bottle of it at Wal-Mart for $3, and my local grocery store carries it now. I thought it was OK, but it was a bit too floral for me, and continued use started giving me headaches from the scent.

Florida water, along with the worlds best beer and fresh water fishing, is readily available in Mi, Wi, and Mn.
Can't argue with the best beer and fresh water fishing. Love me some New Holland and Bell's. And there isn't anything better than fresh brook trout.

It actually has nothing to do with the state......florida = flower. I believe it was originally developed in New York, but my memory may be off.

Check your local ethnic markets or Walgreens drug store. It's worth getting and is less than $5/bottle.

True story. FW is 200 years old and it is from the NY and NJ area.

I am not an expert but the label and seek all indicate the original manufacturer.

Top Bottom