What's new

Finally - a Synthetic Winner!

Yes, I was going to buy just one brush and couldn't resist getting the FS 23/51 too. BTW, both brushes are readily available, no special order and 3 week delay involved.

I purchased a 30mm FS Pur Tech silver tip brush from Ian with the chubby stle handle for ~$35 shipped. It's very soft, and am still figuring out the optimal method to build a good lather. I'm face lathering, and wiping on some Bigelow cream and just dipping the brush in some water.

Any advice?

I purchased a 30mm FS Pur Tech silver tip brush from Ian with the chubby stle handle for ~$35 shipped. It's very soft, and am still figuring out the optimal method to build a good lather. I'm face lathering, and wiping on some Bigelow cream and just dipping the brush in some water.

Any advice?

Remember that synthetics do not hold water so you don't soak the brush. Apply the cream to your face. First time, wet brush but don't have it dripping with water. A short downward shake will reduce the water. Apply and work up the brush on the cream. Dip the brush in a little water and work the brush on the cream. Continue this process until you build up a nice lather on the brush and on your face. The idea is to supply water slowly to get the mixture correct. It is different from natural brushes, but once you get the hang of it, you will understand why the difference in method is necessary.

Good fortune.

I have a FS pur tech I bought, because I liked the look, and got a great price, never even trying a synth brush before. I was really surprised how much I like using that brush. VERY soft and not floppy. It's one of my favorites.

It it just misses the nostalgia of being a boar or badger, that I like in all of my other brushes. Oh, well. I still love it, and it fits nicely into my rotation.

Remember that synthetics do not hold water so you don't soak the brush. Apply the cream to your face. First time, wet brush but don't have it dripping with water. A short downward shake will reduce the water. Apply and work up the brush on the cream. Dip the brush in a little water and work the brush on the cream. Continue this process until you build up a nice lather on the brush and on your face. The idea is to supply water slowly to get the mixture correct. It is different from natural brushes, but once you get the hang of it, you will understand why the difference in method is necessary.

Good fortune.

This was very helpful! I have never seen it explained before, how you don't need to soak a synthetic brush. One of my complaints about synthetics is how they drip water. This would fix that. I'm going to try this method with my Kent Infinity tomorrow. Thanks!

This was very helpful! I have never seen it explained before, how you don't need to soak a synthetic brush. One of my complaints about synthetics is how they drip water. This would fix that. I'm going to try this method with my Kent Infinity tomorrow. Thanks!

I am glad that helps provide clarification on the technique adjustment.

Top Bottom