What's new

Finally a Henson razor I can love

I tried a Henson razor awhile back, it was their AL13. I found it to be way too mild. So I thought I would try their AL13 ++ that was suppose to be a little more aggressive. It was still a disappointment for me.
I did like their design of the razor. I knew they were onto something. So when I read that they had a model AL13 +++ Aggressive, I just had to try it.
Well this one did not disappoint me. It gives a wonderful smooth close shave. This could be my new favorite razor. I'll know after another shave.
So if anyone tried the Henson in the pass and found it too mild, try their new aggressive model. You may just love it. I do.

Henson_Muhle.JPG

Glad to hear you found the right Henson for you. 🙂

I like mild shavers, with some of my favorites being my vintage Techs and Feather ASD2. Another favorite is my Razorock GC 68P, which is only slightly more aggressive.

All of which is to say that my Henson AL13+ V2 suits me just fine.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
This is interesting. I found the Medium Henson still far too mild and by design extremely locked in angle wise.

I am also not a fan of aluminum and light razors. So the Henson is by far the most intriguing and well engineered razor I just can't appreciate in practice, unfortunately.

Maybe I will give it another try.
Is the +++ now available on their website, or where did you get it. I will check out Henson right now. The aggressive plate was only available in titanium for a while.

Edit: I only see the Mild and Medium and the Aggressive Titanium version on their website?

Last edited:
I use the AL medium for head shaving and will probably step down to a mild when I get around to buying a titanium. With the tautness of the skin and some hand problems the extra safety might help.
The few times I've used it for my face, I wasn't very comfortable with the mildness of it. It's designed to be instinctive for cart users which is great to bring people over to our thing, but requires a little more change in technique for DE users.

This is interesting. I found the Medium Henson still far too mild and by design extremely locked in angle wise.

I am also not a fan of aluminum and light razors. So the Henson is by far the most intriguing and well engineered razor I just can't appreciate in practice, unfortunately.

Maybe I will give it another try.
Is the +++ now available on their website, or where did you get it. I will check out Henson right now. The aggressive plate was only available in titanium for a while.

Edit: I only see the Mild and Medium and the Aggressive Titanium version on their website?

Here is a link for you to the Aggressive +++ razor.

Henson AL13 - Aggressive - https://hensonshaving.com/products/henson-al13-aggressive?variant=39711696060496

I have been wet shaving for six weeks now. I am a daily shaver, and I find the Henson V1 ++ a great introduction. I bought the +++ but am waiting to get better before trying. Regardless, I am getting much better shaves than with Harry's cart and I really enjoy the process of pre-shave, lather, shave, alum, and post-shave balm. Since I am a daily shaver, and I doubt my beard is that difficult, I don't see the need for an aggressive razor or a lot of blade feel. I am now trying new soaps and blades. This is a fun hobby. I am a physician and see patients five days a week. I wear a dress shirt and tie, so I want a comfortable shave. It certainly does not matter to my patients because I wear an N95 mask all day.

Looks like they now have mild, medium, and aggressive, and curiously the MBG does not apply to the aggressive.

It will be interesting to hear more reviews and comparisons of the Henson lineup.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My wife uses a Henson Mild and she loves it. It's a neat looking razor. Did you have to buy a whole razor each time or...were you able to just purchase a different base plate? Happy for you that you found the one that works!

I don't know why Henson doesn't seem to advertise their aggressive +++ razor on their site. Seems like it is popular.
This is a forum for shaving enthusiasts. They state they are trying to convert people from carts to DE shaving. If they put out an aggressive razor for first-time users, they are afraid they will have a lot of bad experiences. I tend to agree with them. They are trying to protect their brand. If they did not want us to have access, they would not keep the link open to order the +++. My opinion.

I tried a Henson razor awhile back, it was their AL13. I found it to be way too mild. So I thought I would try their AL13 ++ that was suppose to be a little more aggressive. It was still a disappointment for me.
I did like their design of the razor. I knew they were onto something. So when I read that they had a model AL13 +++ Aggressive, I just had to try it.
Well this one did not disappoint me. It gives a wonderful smooth close shave. This could be my new favorite razor. I'll know after another shave.
So if anyone tried the Henson in the pass and found it too mild, try their new aggressive model. You may just love it. I do.

View attachment 1492982
I just got my order confirmation. I need to stay away from these types of threads:)
Thank you for sharing the information. The titanium was to expensive for me. Good to finally get this in aluminium.

Looks like they now have mild, medium, and aggressive, and curiously the MBG does not apply to the aggressive.

It will be interesting to hear more reviews and comparisons of the Henson lineup.
What does MBG stand for?

I just got my order confirmation. I need to stay away from these types of threads:)
Thank you for sharing the information. The titanium was to expensive for me. Good to finally get this in aluminium.
Have you tried any other Henson razors before, mild or medium.

Top Bottom