What's new

Final Setup

If forced to stick with only one set-up, I would stick with the following:
Wolfman WR1
GSB blades
Rudy Vey 2-band Shavemac
Haslinger’s soap
Speick splash

I don't plan on being there for a long time. But so far is have to say my setup I love the most is

Kikuboshi super kikuboshi straight and best safety I've used so far is actually the lady Gillette. I've only Theused that one once but loved the shave. The superspeed I'm borrowing is close second.

Blade for safety's would be nacet and rapira platinum lux

Omega Pura setola boar brush. Red and clear plastic. I'm guessing that's what it is as that's all it says on it.

There are two soaps I absolutely love. Just started using tabac soap stick and instantly fell in love with it. And Stirling d-503 I love Mont Blanc legend and this soap smells almost identical. They did a great job with the scent. I'm just hoping they sell it again.

Aftershave would be the Stirling d-503 pinaud Clubman and tiger

That's based on what I have tried so far which isn't much.

Thanks for the pics!

After all these years I still don’t have an injector.
Other than dad teaching me with his 1955 Flare Tip, had I started with an Injector I don't think I would have used a DE. The shaves are just that more smooth and comfortable with the injector. I suggest that you give an Injector a try. I suggest either a G, I, or L model. The razors in my pic are a blue rehandled G, and a L model with the racquet handle. It's known as the Schick Grip.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

These are my go to shaving items. The only thing I'm undecided on is soap. I think I'll continue to try new soaps but keep my stock limited to 2 or 3 at a time.

-Razors
Gillette flare tip or red tip if it's been a few days
-Blades
Astra SS
-Brushes
yaqi moka express badger and EverShave synthetic
-Aftershave splash
A witch hazel, glycerin, aloe vera mix

Sure, I’ve settled. Collected to get in frame, several strops are out of frame.

249C99C6-7CE1-48BB-8C10-1355E1F360BD.jpeg

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Other than dad teaching me with his 1955 Flare Tip, had I started with an Injector I don't think I would have used a DE. The shaves are just that more smooth and comfortable with the injector. I suggest that you give an Injector a try. I suggest either a G, I, or L model. The razors in my pic are a blue rehandled G, and a L model with the racquet handle. It's known as the Schick Grip.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Sure, I’ve settled. Collected to get in frame, several strops are out of frame.

View attachment 988353

Looks like you’ve settled in nicely.

I can’t remember if I have asked you before, but what kind of Kenworth do you drive. I just recently upgraded from a T2000 to a T600. I’m really enjoying the T6.

The gear I come back to when I just want a great shave without having to think about it is the RR Game Changer 84 razor, Polsilver SI blade, RR BC Silvertip synthetic brush, and Arko soap stick. This setup just works for me every time.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
The gear I come back to when I just want a great shave without having to think about it is...

Yep. That stuff you find yourself grabbing like you’re on auto pilot, but not so much that it isn’t still satisfying. :thumbsup:

After 6 months collecting/trying stuff (and years collecting guitar gear and learning that price doesn’t equal what works for me) I could do

Karve C plate
Mickey Lee Kraken soap/AS
Gillette 7 O’Clock Black

this would be my go to setup if I quit exploring. Maybe once in a while some Stirling or B&M for variety, but the above setup always give me a great shave.

Today, I would say:

Razor: Charcoal Goods Level 3 open comb in antique brass
Blade: Feather, Kai, Polsilver, GSB, Nacet—I’m fairly agnostic here
Brush: Morris & Forndran 24mm blonde badger
Soap or Cream: Martin de Candre Rose or Fougere
Pre-Shave: Grooming Dept Mandarin & Cardamom
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux West Egg

Next month (or next week), the choices may be different.

For me the 'full shave' 'end game kit' looks like:

Charcoal Goods Level 2 SB with magnum hammered handle
Personna Med Prep
Razorock Plissoft (yes over all my badgers)
Barrister & Mann Reserve Lavender
Osma Alum
Thayers witch hazel
WSP Olympus aftershave
Arianna & Evans 'light aventus' Post Shave Serum

Looks like you’ve settled in nicely.

I can’t remember if I have asked you before, but what kind of Kenworth do you drive. I just recently upgraded from a T2000 to a T600. I’m really enjoying the T6.

Different KW. Kiowa Warriors. OH-58D helicopter, back when

I was actually thinking about this not too long ago. I am also into audiophile grade headphones and in that community it is referred to as an "end game" setup.

I have settle on a razor, blade and brush but have far too many soaps that I like to pick just one. I am also the kind of person who has 2 shampoos and 4 deodorants just so I can have some scent variety.

My end game setup is as follows:

Razor: Rockwell 6s #4 plate
Blade: Voskhod
Brush alternating between to allow for complete drying: whipped dog high mountain and turn and shave 2 band.

Soap seems to be always something tallow based, my favorite is Stirling barber shop.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I was actually thinking about this not too long ago. I am also into audiophile grade headphones and in that community it is referred to as an "end game" setup.

I have settle on a razor, blade and brush but have far too many soaps that I like to pick just one. I am also the kind of person who has 2 shampoos and 4 deodorants just so I can have some scent variety.

My end game setup is as follows:

Razor: Rockwell 6s #4 plate
Blade: Voskhod
Brush alternating between to allow for complete drying: whipped dog high mountain and turn and shave 2 band.

Soap seems to be always something tallow based, my favorite is Stirling barber shop.

I wasn’t really sure what to call it. I haven’t been around much lately and feel rather disconnected. Then I realized that I had settled into a very comfortable groove and wanted to share and compare with others in the group.

I’m also a fan of the tallow soaps.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Tabac Original soap
Omega boar brush
SS ghee bowl for lathering
Parker SRX
Feather blades
Pinnaud Clubman AS

Nice. I could easily adapt to this. At least when I’m on the road, because the only deal breaker for home use would be the Clubman. My wife is not a fan... so it gets no love... but I refuse to get rid of it.

Nice. I could easily adapt to this. At least when I’m on the road, because the only deal breaker for home use would be the Clubman. My wife is not a fan... so it gets no love... but I refuse to get rid of it.
Pity. Still, with so many fine products to choose from, finding one that keeps everyone happy can't be too much of a chore, eh?

Top Bottom