Filthy beards

Discussion in 'General Shaving Discussion' started by Cino, Apr 17, 2019 at 7:08 AM.

1. Yikes! Good thing I don't have a beard. I don't particularly care for them myself but it does lend an air.

Mike

2. I didn’t know that. That is one smart study.

3. I don't buy it. Although I recently shaved most of mine off, leaving just a goatee, I always scrubbed it in the shower and washed it after meals. Perhaps they studied those who generally don't keep clean.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. troy

troy Ambassador

Click bait science. 18 men and 30 dogs. No way to make these number match what you want.

5. cleanshaved

cleanshaved Moderator

There was a news article last night telling me to eat less bacon. Fat chance of that.

6. Dogs sniff butts and eat poop.

7. That study was really about whether it is safe for dogs and humans to get MRI scans in the same machines in human hospitals--presumptively without making dog owners shampoo their dogs prior to scans.

They didn't swab shaved men's faces who don't wash their hands after using the restroom and eating lunch, or the hair on the backs of women's heads.

Lots of flaws.

8. "After the MRI exams of the dogs, the scanners were disinfected and showed a 'significantly' lower bacteria count compared with levels seen when used by humans."

Based upon that statement. The dogs were cleaner than humans. I suspect experiment bias and/or poor reporting. Strange they don't mention which study. The doctor cited in the study specialty is Radiology.

9. If you actually read the article, its a pretty flawed study. Use a bigger sample size and then talk to me.

10. dog-man-beard-2.jpg