What's new

Film.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm nearly certain I have an old stereo camera around here that was my wife's grand dad's.

Ha. I have one of those somewhere.

I had a buddy who shot a whole exhibition on one, and printed the images about 20x24". They looked pretty cool, actually.
I’m actually surprised how sharp this little thing is. I’m very happy with the results.

What I love about this is the fact that it could pass for a 60 year old print.
Thanks, figured I'd probably get a vintage look with vintage kit but not sure how much my processing had to do with it. This is literally my first roll of Delta 100 and I expected a much sharper image compared to what I've seen online. Looking at the streaking on the negative and image, might have been tight using the squeegee, rinsed with softened tap water instead of DM, no doubt too agressive with the agitation, used D-76 stock solution rather than 1:1 but that's what keeps me interested. Many of the other shots had exposure issues, I didn't trust the built in meter on the Yashica and used a handheld meter to figure out settings.

New camera showed up on my doorstep.
BE82E878-FA6F-473C-A47A-758A083B5DAF.jpeg

So I took a small walk to test it out. So far so good!

AFFB64E1-0E92-4D60-B648-8AB26D477808.jpeg
C5C0EE68-1E4B-4E21-AD56-10F09455C29C.jpeg

View attachment 1066651
[/QUOTE]

I've developed another roll of Delta 100 but using longer developing times due to dilution of D-76 1:1

Very pleased with the results, much more contrast and sharpness compared to my earlier shot of my patient model under near identical conditions of light and treats.

img024 (Medium).jpg

Don't worry folks, I won't be bombarding you with cat pictures. The weather is getting better I might even go outside to look around soon;)

I've developed another roll of Delta 100 but using longer developing times due to dilution of D-76 1:1

Very pleased with the results, much more contrast and sharpness compared to my earlier shot of my patient model under near identical conditions of light and treats.

View attachment 1073468

Don't worry folks, I won't be bombarding you with cat pictures. The weather is getting better I might even go outside to look around soon;)
[/QUOTE]

Beautiful! Amazing picture and the scan is perfect. I need to invest in one!

So since I have a bunch of extra time these days I’ve ordered some binders and negative sleeves so that I can organize all my film.

I need to take the field camera out at least one more time.

Last time I used my dark room was whin I was seng a large collection of 4×5 negs that I contact printed 2 to a 8x10 sheet of paper.

I still have a large number to use on the project.

All of the photos used on this website were done in my darkroom. Fighter Squadron 31 (VF-31) - Torpedo Squadron 31 (VT-31) - USS Cabot - USS Belleau Wood - http://www.vf31.com/

proxy.php

proxy.php
That’s a heck of a darkroom! Cool website too.

I’ve still got three film camera that I refuse to get rid of. A Canon EOS 650, AE1 Program and an AE1. I can’t understand why I hang on to them, unless deep down I still want to shoot film. I also still have a Chromega enlarger packed away.

So I developed a roll of film last week. I made a mistake in the developing and the pictures didn’t turn out very well. Considered it a wasted roll but decided to scan some of the pics and see what I could do with some editing.

Still not perfect and I probably made some exposure errors too but I kinda like the moody look.

1DE600C7-8529-466A-836E-A18DFDD06718.jpeg
D93C709E-A7AC-41BE-BC1D-DACA721AACD9.jpeg
969AF582-85CC-4CB5-ABC1-5F7759147259.jpeg
DD2A6971-DBF1-4251-863F-C1E139A327F3.jpeg
FAC5C086-3302-4143-AE95-4DD6468690B6.jpeg

So I developed a roll of film last week. I made a mistake in the developing and the pictures didn’t turn out very well. Considered it a wasted roll but decided to scan some of the pics and see what I could do with some editing.

Still not perfect and I probably made some exposure errors too but I kinda like the moody look.

View attachment 1080046View attachment 1080047View attachment 1080048View attachment 1080049View attachment 1080050
The moody look is good! It’s a process you have to go through to get your exposure and development sorted out. Each roll gets you one step closer.

The moody look is good! It’s a process you have to go through to get your exposure and development sorted out. Each roll gets you one step closer.
Yeah before this my other rolls were pretty much spot on. This film just requires a higher developing temperature and I didn’t make sure it was right. Can’t be too lax when it comes to these things.

Yeah before this my other rolls were pretty much spot on. This film just requires a higher developing temperature and I didn’t make sure it was right. Can’t be too lax when it comes to these things.
Except in the summer when I can’t get the water cool enough I develop everything at 68f/20c. Consistency makes everything easier.

Top Bottom