What's new

Film.

What about on line film development?
A few places do online processing. Pretty simple from what I see.
I don’t have a dark room but I have a little dark bag to load film onto the developing reels and into the tank. I’m developing about 2/3 times a week, all b&w pictures though.

What about on line film development?

Last time I looked there were a few, and I mean few, really good labs for developing film still around. When I used to use the Agfa a lot, there was only 1 lab, somewhere in Oklahoma I think, that had the equipment to develop and then print the size pictures that the Agfa took. Lost track of who they were. Need to look them up again.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
There are a few probably dinosaurs out there that do high quality film development and printing. A local photo club could probably point you in the right direction. My photo skills are not advanced enough for me do printing.

Last time I looked there were a few, and I mean few, really good labs for developing film still around. When I used to use the Agfa a lot, there was only 1 lab, somewhere in Oklahoma I think, that had the equipment to develop and then print the size pictures that the Agfa took. Lost track of who they were. Need to look them up again.
The darkroom lab is a Mail in place that gets lots of good reviews. They have a great Instagram page that shows off their work and knowledge of film in general.

Yeah, The Darkroom does good processing as does Dwayne’s in Kansas. I’ve heard good things about the Old School Photo Lab but never used them.

Home development of black and white is pretty easy. Color is not complicated but temperature control is a pain. You will need to scan them after they are developed, so its a commitment if you want to start doing it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Yeah, The Darkroom does good processing as does Dwayne’s in Kansas. I’ve heard good things about the Old School Photo Lab but never used them.

Home development of black and white is pretty easy. Color is not complicated but temperature control is a pain. You will need to scan them after they are developed, so its a commitment if you want to start doing it.
I remember doing B&B film development at home. It was pretty simple.

Agreed b&w is very simple. 10 minutes and you’re done. Scanning isn’t that bad either, you can find film scanners for around 100 and if you're shooting a lot it’s worth it to do it yourself.

Top Bottom