What's new

Film on top of coffee.normal?

That's my kind of coffee. The kind that will sit on the table without a cup to hold it.

That is the kind of coffee you need to start with a half coffee cup of hot milk and add the coffee to it (cut it half and half with milk or cream).

give that a go. I bet you will never have your coffee any other way again.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That's my kind of coffee. The kind that will sit on the table without a cup to hold it.

That is the kind of coffee you need to start with a half coffee cup of hot milk and add the coffee to it (cut it half and half with milk or cream).

give that a go. I bet you will never have your coffee any other way again.
I've been drinking my coffee black (and apparently weak) for many years now. Out of respect to the turtle i'll try it this way tomorrow.

I've been drinking my coffee black (and apparently weak) for many years now. Out of respect to the turtle i'll try it this way tomorrow.

You will find you need to put sugar in it... LOTS of sugar, like a heaping teaspoon.

When I was drinking black coffee I liked it much weaker. Now I am back to milk and sugar and very strong coffee.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
No milk and sugar for me. Coffee should be hot as . .. . er . . heck, black as pitch, and embrace you like a woman with a fine aroma. I will relent a bit on the hot part as I don't actually like burning my tongue.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Hmmm. That coffee looks wonderful. I think it's time to give up the Keurig an purchase a French Press.

Try an Aeropress my pantsless friend. French Press is very good but I prefer no coffee grounds in my cup . . . and if it is just making a cup for me the Aeropress makes sense.

What she means is you still aren't adding enough coffee... the thicker and the creamier and the more it tastes just like heaven ;)

Seriously, using a single cup french press I fill it to about 1/4 inch higher then where pushing the strainer stops to assure i get a good final press in of the grounds directly at the bottom. It should form a compressed puck that is hard to remove from the press. If you are bottoming out your press before the coffee stops you it is not enough. i'd say about 3 good heaping tablespoons.

Don't just drink the coffee... feel the coffee... saturate yourself in the coffee... be the coffee ;)

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
You will find you need to put sugar in it... LOTS of sugar, like a heaping teaspoon.

When I was drinking black coffee I liked it much weaker. Now I am back to milk and sugar and very strong coffee.
I did just that. It almost tastes like one of those sweetened coffee drinks by starbucks, they sell in the glass bottle. It's pretty good can't deny that. For health reasons I can't add the sugar every day. I don't think that milk adds enough taste on its own, its like milk and sugar were made for each other.

My cup today does taste better than my cup from yesterday simply by adding milk and sugar, but every day coffee drinking i'll take it black and......weak :blush:

I'm going to try the iced coffee method mentioned above for tomorrows morning coffee.

When were your beans roasted? Also, FP will tend to make a stronger cup than other methods, because you're not removing any oils from the brew. Aeropress, using the paper filters will remove a little more.

Also, if you prefer your coffee black (if it's not good black, is it actually good? Or do we just make it "good" by masking the bad flavors?), you can try adding a few oz of hot water to the finished cup to "weaken" it a bit.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
When were your beans roasted? Also, FP will tend to make a stronger cup than other methods, because you're not removing any oils from the brew. Aeropress, using the paper filters will remove a little more.

Also, if you prefer your coffee black (if it's not good black, is it actually good? Or do we just make it "good" by masking the bad flavors?), you can try adding a few oz of hot water to the finished cup to "weaken" it a bit.
That's a good question. On the side of the package it says "guaranteed fresh within 90 days of roasting" then the date looks like it's in code so i have no idea. Peet's Major Dickson coffee

That's a good question. On the side of the package it says "guaranteed fresh within 90 days of roasting" then the date looks like it's in code so i have no idea. Peet's Major Dickson coffee

Just a guess, but it seems like it may have been 01/15/2013. If that is, in fact, a date code.

Stale. My assumption in a grocery store, or even most coffee shops, is that if there's an expiration date and no "roasted on" date, the coffee is stale.

Top Bottom