What's new

Fillet Knife help

I am a chef knife nut but know nothing about a good fillet knife. A coworker is looking for one for her son as a gift. Can you all suggest one or two fillet knifes. One that is around $20 and maybe one that is a higher end knife. Most of the time I would look up a knife on chefknivestogo but the selection of fillet knives is not very big

As an avid fisherman, I have used a lot of fillet knives. For a cheap one I use a Mustad fillet knife from Walmart, if you want a higher quality knife go for Bubba Blade.

I have and like the Rapala, but I agree with the others above who rave about Victorinox knives. Their entire line is wonderful.

I have and like the Rapala, but I agree with the others above who rave about Victorinox knives. Their entire line is wonderful.

^^^^ What he said.

I must have at least 30 to 40 higher end chefs knives, yanagis, nakiris, cleavers, bunkas, slicers etc., etc., even had my own custom chef done that I helped design.

I keep going back to my Rapala for fileting. (No it's definitely not high end.) Laser thin, flexible, and a 6" is only $12.99. Only drawback is it doesn't hold an edge very well but I can normally get through whatever I'm prepping for dinner fine. Further, at that price? I keep 2 around both sharp.

Since you're a ChefKnives to Go guy... That Kanehide has intrigued me for a long time... Just sayin.....

Get one from Bark River Knives (Kalahari Sportsman) , or Silver Stag Knives (Alaskan Fillet). [emoji1360]

proxy.php

proxy.php

I’m a knife guru and also a fishing junkie and I highly recommend a dalstrong gladiator fillet knife! Great high carbon German steel. Thin sharp flexible blade that’s easy to maintain. A little more at about 70 dollars but hard to beat at the price

Leech Lake Knives makes some beautiful custom knives. One side is used to cut the fish and the bottom part to skin it.

1577369973759.png

Top Bottom