What's new

Fill in the blank re: single pass razor

Assuming I was to shave every day and do lots of prep and only do one real pass not lots of little ones then I say that razor would be over in the corner with the Unicorn :) One pass might be ok if you work on a factory or from home and just want to look ok but a great shave needs at least two passes on my face.
If I was going to try, I would say a Gillette Slim Adjustabe would be the best razor for the job.

I shave daily. The only razor I believe can come close to a 1 pass is the Asylum RX.

I have done it before, and it produced a shave comparable to a Super Speed for me. I could feel stubble under my chin in a few hours.

I don't really ever stop at one pass but there are a few razors that could do it if I needed to. One of the main issues here for me is being able to get under the nose well enough with just one pass. Lots of razors will give me a good WTG pass on the rest of my face. The ones that I'd pick are: R41, RazoRock Eco, Rex Ambassador, Any Schick injector, Any shavette.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
An oldie but a goodie: Gillette NEW Long Comb. When I use it I rarely do a second pass it does such a good job on the first. A second pass means I won't have to shave the next 48 to 72 hours.

Gillette old type ball end with the handle screwed in tight. I can shave closer with my Cadman & Sons Bengall and my Dixie Blue Steel on 2nd pass, but the one pass closeness goes to the original Gillette with most any decent blade.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Gillette old type ball end with the handle screwed in tight. I can shave closer with my Cadman & Sons Bengall and my Dixie Blue Steel on 2nd pass, but the one pass closeness goes to the original Gillette with most any decent blade.
Good choice!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This is an easy one. (Note that he said a CCS, not BBS or DFS.)

When using (a straight razor with a near Feather-type edge), I always get a close comfortable shave in one pass.

Feather SS Shavette, easy one pass shave, I do 2 passes but you would only notice the difference if you look at me from an inch away!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
For a CCS in one pass, I can use any of my Wolfman or Charcoal Goods razors. They are close and comfortable. However, I rarely stop after 1 pass. I like to shave so a 3 pass shave is standard for me. I used a Charcoal Goods Level 3 today, and could have stopped at full DFS after one pass. But I didnt. Went for the BBS.

Any razor, with care. I’m not sure anyone would call it close though :001_rolle. Equal to a cart, yes. To get an optimal one pass, I’d say Henson medium or Tatara Masamune. I need something that clamps down hard on the blade and is relatively mild, but efficient. One pass is going to mean a little bit of ATG (or nearly going mid way between XTG and ATG) in a few areas.

Coincidentally, and to add to my post above, I had to do a one pass today with a Fatboy on 7 and Nacet. Quite decent results, essentially the same as a good Trac II shave (aside from around and under the chin where a Trac II is aces compared to pretty much anything short of a Wolfman).

I have to do ‘beard reduction’ with multiple passes.

I don’t have a razor that will get me more than a C+C shave with one pass.

Regardless of razor, I get a close shave if I go ATG, but I have yet to find anything that is comfortable if I have not done one WTG pass first. One WTG pass takes just some seconds to do, so I do not see any need to drop it before going ATG.

Top Bottom