What's new

Fili love what makes it so good!

Hey Ian, TY I am slowly getting there, but none are the same beyond one set of identical pairs.
Steve56, would you be willing to share the image you use with your user name, that beautiful Fili woman. I purchased a Jose Monserrat Pou, Medallon Taurino with crappy scales. I need a good image to try to recreate the image on some better blank scales.
1679879048953.jpeg

What makes a Filarmonica of the first generation so good?

Prefect steel, Perfect heat treat, Perfect grind…I love them!

2 of the three “JMP” editions below arrived this week! One can identify a JMP edition of the first generation, because it is a Doble Temple with the patriarch’s initials “JMP” in the middle of the gold wash, instead of the lyre.

Lore has it the JMP edition is the earliest, best, and most perfect in class for the Filarmonica brand straight razors…the only ones worthy of the initials in place of the little harp. Are they the best? I don’t know, but in my experience they are pretty darn good.

The three Amigos!

IMG_8060.jpeg
IMG_8062.jpeg
IMG_8061.jpeg

Last edited:
What makes a Filarmonica of the first generation so good?

Prefect steel, Perfect heat treat, Perfect grind…I love them!

2 of the three “JMP” editions below arrived this week! One can identify a JMP edition of the first generation, because it is a Doble Temple with the patriarch’s initials “JMP” in the middle of the gold wash, instead of the lyre.

Lore has it the JMP edition is the earliest, best, and most perfect in class for the Filarmonica brand straight razors…the only ones worthy of the initials in place of the little harp. Are they the best? I don’t know, but in my experience they are pretty darn good.

The three Amigos!

View attachment 1729430View attachment 1729431View attachment 1729432
Really nice Matt Blades as clean as those are hard enough to find but those JMP signature blades are are in a class of their own!
Very nice!!

Scott

I have several half hollow 13's. All Medallon Taurino. But I also have two full hollow 13 Medallon. No figuring

Strange! I have two 13 Medallon Taurino (MT) quarter hollow razors, including one NOS. It was my understanding that they were made as quarter hollow. Do the thinner grind MT razors still have their gold plating?

BTW, the 14 MT razors were hollow ground.

Strange! I have two 13 Medallon Taurino (MT) quarter hollow razors, including one NOS. It was my understanding that they were made as quarter hollow. Do the thinner grind MT razors still have their gold plating?

BTW, the 14 MT razors were hollow ground.
You’re probably right. I’m not the best at judging.

Top Bottom