What's new

Filarmonica Question...

OK, I'll break my imaginary restraint and give you $50 for the fili (that color combo, oy) and $100 for the Koraat! No? Sad face :(

My comparatively drab 14 2.0 should arrive in around 8 weeks I'm told.
🤣 Yep this thread is dangerous.. I ordered yesterday and I was told 8 weeks as well… So the Max Sprecher I ordered will arrive Monday, hopefully this will hold me over until 14 2.0 arrives.:badger:

OK, I'll break my imaginary restraint and give you $50 for the fili (that color combo, oy) and $100 for the Koraat! No? Sad face :(

My comparatively drab 14 2.0 should arrive in around 8 weeks I'm told.

I can tell you your going to love that Koraat and you are in for a shock they are far from being drab but sorry my fill in that colour combo is not for sale yet lol

Add me to the "this thread cost me money" list. Because in spite of my claim to the contrary earlier in the thread, it turns out I do in fact like thinly ground, larger razors. Was looking at questionable Filis in the usual online places and Mrs. Scandalous said, "why don't you just order a Koraat?" Well, you can't argue with that logic, can you?

9 weeks is the lead time according to Ulrik.

Add me to the "this thread cost me money" list. Because in spite of my claim to the contrary earlier in the thread, it turns out I do in fact like thinly ground, larger razors. Was looking at questionable Filis in the usual online places and Mrs. Scandalous said, "why don't you just order a Koraat?" Well, you can't argue with that logic, can you?

9 weeks is the lead time according to Ulrik.
I will bet you a well used, caracterful Fili14 against your new Koraat that you are going to love the Koraat. :c9:

Disclaimer: Joking, I have been pulled up for attempting to deal on the forum for similar silly offers!

About a year ago, I got Filly curious. Then I got really curious.
I dipped my toe into the pool and bought a Medallon Taurino 13.
Then, I jumped in and got thoroughly soaked. I now have Filly
fever for real. IMHO, it is the most addictive SRAD (though I
did suffer from a serious case of Tanifuji syndrome as well
as Rooney rash (SBAD)).

Post #25 on the thread below by @wrl is still the best source of information about
Filly's, so much so that it often published on other forums (and rarely attributed
to @wrl). There are also members here who have a history of collecting Filly's.
Seek them out and maybe send a PM, if you have a specific question. One
particular member on B&B has been a true mentor to me.

WRL's Filarmonica Compendium

BTW that Koraat 14 2.0 looks gorgeous and if you want a guaranteed new SR
then that is one way to go. However, I have found some NOS and near NOS
Filly's for about the same. (I bought a NOS Novodur 14 a few months ago for
just a little over 300 Euros). I am not a necessarily spendthrift but one thing
about Filly's is that they not only shave divinely but they hold their value.

If you want to snatch a mint Filly, cast your net wide (including other forums)
and you will be rewarded. But be careful, the addiction is real.

My collection (with two more Filly's on the way).

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 10.13.11 AM.png

Last edited:
Post #25 on the thread below by @wrl is still the best source of information about
Filly's, so much so that it often published on other forums (and rarely attributed
to @wrl). There are also members here who have a history of collecting Filly's.
Seek them out and maybe send a PM, if you have a specific question. One
particular member on B&B has been a true mentor to me.

WRL's Filarmonica Compendium

BTW that Koraat 14 2.0 looks gorgeous and if you want a guaranteed new SR
then that is one way to go. However, I have found some NOS and near NOS
Filly's for about the same. (I bought a NOS Novodur 14 a few months ago for
just a little over 300 Euros). I am not a necessarily spendthrift but one thing
about Filly's is that they not only shave divinely but they hold their value.

If you want to snatch a mint Filly, cast your net wide (including other forums)
and you will be rewarded. But be careful, the addiction is real.

My collection (with two more Filly's on the way).

Cheers for the kind words; it's funny when I come across a French/Spanish/German forum referencing that post. That's quite an old JMP top left! I haven't shaved with straights in a long time, but these are the few I still have:

I do keep an old JMP DT around because it's especially pristine and is a fine example of a superior geometry shave, but my favorite razors have a different Spanish stamp on them. ;)

Cheers for the kind words; it's funny when I come across a French/Spanish/German forum referencing that post. That's quite an old JMP top left! I haven't shaved with straights in a long time, but these are the few I still have...

Wow! I am truly honored! That JMP DT14
of yours has me drooling. Thank you for the
kind words regarding my Especial 14. Those
Palmera's look amazing...

Top Bottom