What's new

Filarmonica Novodur Question

IMG_1832.JPG
i just picked up a Novodur without a number on the tang. I was hoping someone could provide some information on these models or whether it may not be legit.

Thanks!

Don't see many Filarmonica without numbers, that tang looks a tad thin, how big is the blade? Can you post pictures of the blade and reverse side of the tang

IMG_1833.JPG
IMG_1851.JPG
Don't see many Filarmonica without numbers, that tang looks a tad thin, how big is the blade? Can you post pictures of the blade and reverse side of the tang
Sure. The box coming with it states (in hand written pencil it is a #12, 5/8ths, that was $5 originally). Back side of tang says "made in Spain" only

Looks legit, hone it up and shave.

The "made in spain" on the tang indicates post 1952

Thank you for the info! I'm very much looking forward to my first Fili shave. If it's as good as I hear I'll have a second type of razor (besides my beloved ducks) to chase after.

I think I looked at that one on Ebay, was sorely tempted to get it if that is the one, but I don't enjoy 5/8ths razors. Hope it treats you well.

IMG_1863.JPG
. . . never mind, I own one. lol
Hahha yea I definitely found that there are more three pin Filis than two. I believe two pin was newer model scale setup.

I threw an example above.

My concern was the lack of a sizing number.

Thanks!

IMG_1878.JPG
IMG_1879.JPG
IMG_1880.JPG
As an update, I found another Novodur on a Spanish website that has the same markings as mine. Seems they were Novodurs made for export from 1967-1979.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
AFAIK, Novodurs are not chrome coated, that’s the Tridur (for trivalent chrome).

Top Bottom