What's new

Filarmonica Doble Temple

I saw a Filarmonica on Ebay that had no name stamp on the tang. Could this be a fake or were there some Fili's that simply didn't have the name stamp? Thanks in advance.

The razors with an unmarked tang are newer than the ones with a marked tang. Overwhelmingly, the unmarked ones are considered to be inferior to the marked ones.

The razors with an unmarked tang are newer than the ones with a marked tang. Overwhelmingly, the unmarked ones are considered to be inferior to the marked ones.

Yup these are about the only Filis you'll see that will not sell well and don't retain their value. Curious on how they shave though.

I saw a Filarmonica on Ebay that had no name stamp on the tang. Could this be a fake or were there some Fili's that simply didn't have the name stamp? Thanks in advance.

This is a real Fili. The reason it is not marked like some other Filis is that it was intended strictly for professional use. Old-school barbers don't like flashy instruments and thus... I have an exact shaver like the one you pictured. It is simply marvelous if you like heavy razors. Enjoy!

Seems to be one of the Filarmonicas last production, in fact in the last years of the company, bought the blades in pakistan to sell as Filarmonica without having been manufactured in Spain

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Seems to be one of the Filarmonicas last production, in fact in the last years of the company, bought the blades in pakistan to sell as Filarmonica without having been manufactured in Spain

Welcome to B&B!

So being that the blades were originally forged in Pakistan does this mean the quality would not be as good as the ones forged in Spain?

So being that the blades were originally forged in Pakistan does this mean the quality would not be as good as the ones forged in Spain?
I'm afraid that's right, the build quality is not the same, are straights razors in recent years before closing, filarmonica had problems with the purchase of steel to continue making razors, so stopped manufacturing and buying in Pakistan.

You can tell because his prints are made by laser, but its quality is obvious when compared with oldest filarmonicas.

I'm afraid that's right, the build quality is not the same, are straights razors in recent years before closing, filarmonica had problems with the purchase of steel to continue making razors, so stopped manufacturing and buying in Pakistan.

You can tell because his prints are made by laser, but its quality is obvious when compared with oldest filarmonicas.

Now I know what there was no name stamp on the tang. The razors were already tempered so it was too difficult to apply the name stamp at that point.

U

Utopian

I have one of them and have honed two of them. Maybe they don't compare to the older Fillies, but they are excellent shavers. Lots of the old complaints about them were due simply to the inabilities of the honers to handle the smiling blade and had nothing to do with the quality of the steel, which I thought was excellent.

I have no idea where the blades were made. Even if they were made in Pakistan, that is no proof of poor quality. Pretty much all modern razors made in Pakistan are crap, but that country is perfectly capable of making quality steel, as a lot of high quality surgical instruments are made in Pakistan.

Pretty much all modern razors made in Pakistan are crap, but that country is perfectly capable of making quality steel, as a lot of high quality surgical instruments are made in Pakistan.

That's interesting. I never knew that. Then again most of our televisions and computers are made in China hehe.

Top Bottom