What's new

Figaro Monsieur Gold - Is anyone else a fan?

I am a fan of "old fashioned" and "barbershop" scents in my aftershaves. I keep Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Pinaud Clubman in rotation, for example. Recently I decided to branch out a bit and finally pick up a couple of things that I have been eyeing from Italian Barber. (I can't wait to try the Proraso Green splash.) As I was cruising their online store I stumbled across Figaro Monsieur Gold. Since it was only $25 for a 400ml bottle, and the write-up indicated that it would be something I might like, I decided to give it a try.

I am very glad that I did.

It arrived yesterday. When I opened the bottle to install the atomizer I was instantly pleased with the scent. I seriously considered putting some on at that time. So, I had to use it as my aftershave this morning. Is is so good that I reapplied before leaving the house. The scent is light, powdery, and wonderfully pleasant. It did fade somewhat quickly after application, but I am catching hints of it every now and then as the morning progresses. It also has a nice hit of menthol that lingered for several minutes after application.

I absolutely love the way I smell today. I will definitely be keeping this aftershave around.

View attachment 656041

I don't see this aftershave mentioned much around B&B. Is anyone else out there a fan?

I have a bottle of Figaro Monsieur headed my way from Italian Barber - it will be my first experience with the brand. I thinkit's a little bit different than what you have there though. It's a smaller bottle and has a Tobacco absolute, Oud wood, Vanilla, Amber profile.
Couldn't find much mentioned of it either, but hope to have a good experience like you've had. :thumbup1:

I have a bottle of Figaro Monsieur headed my way from Italian Barber - it will be my first experience with the brand. I think it's a little bit different than what you have there though. It's a smaller bottle and has a Tobacco absolute, Oud wood, Vanilla, Amber profile.
Couldn't find much mentioned of it either, but hope to have a good experience like you've had. :thumbup1:

From the description it does seem that the small bottle is a different scent. Definitely let me know if you like it. I may have to pick up a bottle of it as well.

I haven't tried Figaro Monsieur Gold AS, but I do have a tub of Figaro Gold soap. Definite oud scent. Typical of any Italian (soft) soaps I've tried so far, it produces great, slick, rich lather and the scent is wonderful.

Smells like you may have to pair it up! :thumbup1:

I haven't tried Figaro Monsieur Gold AS, but I do have a tub of Figaro Gold soap. Definite oud scent. Typical of any Italian (soft) soaps I've tried so far, it produces great, slick, rich lather and the scent is wonderful.

Smells like you may have to pair it up! :thumbup1:

I am taking a break from soap/cream purchases for a bit to use up some product and make room in my den. This is going on my list of product to pickup during my next purchase cycle. Thanks for the review.

Last edited:
Figaro Monsieur is outstanding AS. Wearing it for first time as I write but wow classic powdery and spicey. Damn fine AS. I bought 4 or 5 new splashes recently and this is the standout by a mile.

I have a small sample i picked up at Maggards, it smells nice, some lavender and powdery notes to it, but i noticed that the big glass bottle smelled completely different. Not sure if it is a different product, or the glass jug was not shook up so it may have been user error.

Used Monsieur Gold in the 400 ml bottle today for the first time and really did enjoy it, had a nice bit of menthol opening and a real pleasant old timey barbershop smell that faded fairly quickly. Skin was not dried out after applying, I am very impressed with this after shave, this to me is as good as any of the Floids available.

Used Monsieur Gold in the 400 ml bottle today for the first time and really did enjoy it, had a nice bit of menthol opening and a real pleasant old timey barbershop smell that faded fairly quickly. Skin was not dried out after applying, I am very impressed with this after shave, this to me is as good as any of the Floids available.

I haven't tried any of the Floid aftershaves, but I still think this is one of the best aftershaves available.

A guy gave me a small sample. Good stuff. I may get a big jug myself. Its really like the Italian take on Skin Bracer. I don't know all the technical terms, but I detect some similarities between Figaro Monsieur Gold & SB. By no means an identical match, but there's something (besides menthol) in both of them.

If you get the jug, I recommend getting the Floid atomizer to go with it. I definitely think you should get the jug.

This one will always have a place in my shave den.

I received a sample of Monsieur Gold and I wish I could say I enjoyed it but I was very let down. Too subtle and almost a musty cardboard scent. My son (16) on the other hand, loves it.

Top Bottom