What's new

Field Trip: Disneyland for JNats

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Gentlemen, I just returned from beautiful Sonoma, CA visiting a friend of mine, Alex Gilmore. Most of you know he is one of the great authorities on jnats, the history, mining, and stone usage. He will have a book coming soon I think. Anyway, enjoy the eye candy, one of the best selections of Japanese natural stones anywhere.

C4608C7A-B6AC-43D1-B568-F781C78377FC.jpeg
427EF788-B2B4-4CA1-AE17-C6485DD0BD3E.jpeg
B6AA81A5-49B8-4655-9366-982357A7D2A3.jpeg
47D01E6F-013E-4C62-9956-9194324BAA01.jpeg
840C2AF0-D1FE-47C9-9771-BB89DF8420D7.jpeg

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Steve I didn’t realize you bought that Iro. Very nice. I’ve looked at that one many times.

Steve56

Steve I didn’t realize you bought that Iro. Very nice. I’ve looked at that one many times.

I didn’t buy it, my wording is confusing - part of the problem of written communication. I’d like to fix it but the time is up.

Steve56

Probably 5-1/2 x 1-1/2 in Western units. I didn’t measure it though there were all sorts of scales and rulers around.

When you’re in this room, you need to forget about data to some extent (you do need to keep prices and your wallet and wife in mind, lol) and just enjoy the zen, because there’s a lot of it there.

Steve56

The stones like 95 and the one above just glow. In the right light, they really kick off. #115 will too.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
I don’t normally covet stones, but wowza. At one time window shopping in De Wallen, Amsterdam would make for a nice weekend. This is a E-Ticket to rockrubber paradise. Thank you for sharing your experience and showing the beauty’s

Lovely stones Steve. My favorite JNat by far is one of the hoard stones that Alex collected. It hones and finishes like nothing else I have owned. Stunning stuff! Thank you for sharing!

PS; beautiful photo of the beach. Well done:)

Alex is a great host and his vast collection of Jnats is breathtaking and awe inspiring! I was in my own thoughts just in shock at all those absolutely beautifull stones. Can't wait for his book!

Top Bottom