What's new

"Fiber" Type Hairstyling Goo

What is the best way to apply this?

Apply to wet hair, blow dry, then shape?

Apply to wet hair, shape, then blow dry?

Blow dry hair, apply to dry hair, then shape?

I like the idea of it and bought a small jar of "Alberto" product. American Crew sells something similar, I think. But I have no idea what is the best way to use it.

These products work best on dry hair so blow dry your hair first or towel dry it and then apply/shape.

Chris

When I use that stuff (the American Crew version) I apply with my hands while my hair's still damp, then slightly comb my hair. No blow-drying necessary.

if you apply fiber when there is any sort of leftover water in your hair, it will look shiny and hard. i just towel dry then style.

if you apply fiber when there is any sort of leftover water in your hair, it will look shiny and hard. i just towel dry then style.

+1

I use the American Crew stuff, and wait until my hair is fairly dry to apply it. Usually the last thing I do before walking out the door to work, actually.

Ummmmmmm, sorry guys, but I thought "Fiber" was either something ropes & string was made of or something in your food that makes you "go".

I do use gel once in a while in my hair, but I didn't know there was a "fiber" type. Someone care to elaborate?

Ummmmmmm, sorry guys, but I thought "Fiber" was either something ropes & string was made of or something in your food that makes you "go".

I do use gel once in a while in my hair, but I didn't know there was a "fiber" type. Someone care to elaborate?

Nothing more than a name for a strong-hold type hair goo. It's pretty waxy stuff, but produces virtually no shine or glisten once it sinks in (~5-10 minutes for me).

Also, it feels fibrous. :cool:

I use the American Crew stuff myself, love it.

I was under the impression that it is supposed to be used on slightly damp hair, and that is when I use it. If I wait too long, i.e. after my hair has dried, it is too difficult to work into hair evenly. I use when my hair is still damp from a shower, rub in fingers, work into hair from back to front (makes sure that you don't miss the spots in the back), and style. It holds well for most of the day, doesn't look crunchy or shiney when I use it, love the stuff!! =)

I been using American Crew styling products for over 10 years. I'm partial to the pomade and forming cream. Without it, my hair doesn't feel "right." :cool:
BTW, their shampoo is pretty good too.

Ahhhhhhhhh, thanks. Well, I'll have 2 try American Crew and Alberto. If Smedly can get it in Trawna (It's a Newfie thing), then I can probably get it here too.

Shopper's Drug Mart is where it's at, maaaan. :D

Thanks for all the instructions, guys. I will try it out on the weekend when I can look a bit ridiculous while learning and get away with it.

I use the American Crew stuff myself, love it.

I was under the impression that it is supposed to be used on slightly damp hair, and that is when I use it. If I wait too long, i.e. after my hair has dried, it is too difficult to work into hair evenly. I use when my hair is still damp from a shower, rub in fingers, work into hair from back to front (makes sure that you don't miss the spots in the back), and style. It holds well for most of the day, doesn't look crunchy or shiney when I use it, love the stuff!! =)

Bingo. I typically apply it while hair is damp, let it dry while I'm shaving, and quickly run a comb through my hair before I leave. No crunchy, shiny look.

OK, this stuff should come with a warning on how big a "snurdle" to use!!!!! I almost glued my fingers to my hair.

Suffice to say my Dearly Beloved almost laughed her butt off. I'll let you imaginations run wild with the rest.

OK, this stuff should come with a warning on how big a "snurdle" to use!!!!! I almost glued my fingers to my hair.

Yeah, it's powerful stuff. I'm glad I decided to do a test run on the weekend before putting it into full scale usage.

Suffice to say my Dearly Beloved almost laughed her butt off. I'll let you imaginations run wild with the rest.

Did it involve fresh chocolate chip cookies later to apologize for hurting your feelings? :lol:

Did it involve fresh chocolate chip cookies later to apologize for hurting your feelings? :lol:

LOL, no, it was a payback for many things I've done to her.

Like when I laughed so hard at her when she got her first speeding ticket days after she got her new Cobalt SS S/C (that thing goes like stink). She was so nervous the cop (a female) thought she'd been drinking and took her in for the breathalyzer.

Or the April Fools I put her clock ahead 1 hour and she go to the bank @ 7:15.

Or the time ............ you get the idea!!!

My stylist turned me on to this stuff (AC "Fiber"). He uses it to style my hair after it's dry, but it can be used on damp hair too. Great stuff, is a bit waxy and odd to work with at first. The trick is to put a some in your palm and rub your hands briskly together, then run your fingers through your hair and shape.

If you want the same type of hold, but a different product that's a bit easier to distribute, try Sharp's "Guck in a Puck - Hard." If you want a lighter hold and very soft hair, try Sharp's "Guck in a Puck."

Top Bottom