What's new

Fiance giving me heck for my AD

Buy her something related to your new passion (aka hobby). Call it "bribe money" or "loving present because I'm always thinking of you dear". Whatever works. I always get my wife a bath soap when I go shopping for shaving soaps.

PS: You didn't hear this from me...:sneaky2:

Hmm, that's a good idea. Bribe her. She can't stay made if I got her something too :)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As Topgumby once said;

proxy.php

You should concern yourself less with the excuses and concentrate more on the time proven methods of evasive and subterfuge employed by long term members. Details may be found around the site.
Ah, what a forum! You don't just get shaving advice but marital counseling too.:laugh:

Ah, what a forum! You don't just get shaving advice but marital counseling too.:laugh:

That one made me laugh. I don't know what to contribute, but I can definitely relate. I've got the ADs real bad. Early on, I was asking myself, "Why would anyone have that many brushes?" Today, I'm asking myself, "How do I get that many brushes (without getting killed by SWMBO)?" :)

That one made me laugh. I don't know what to contribute, but I can definitely relate. I've got the ADs real bad. Early on, I was asking myself, "Why would anyone have that many brushes?" Today, I'm asking myself, "How do I get that many brushes (without getting killed by SWMBO)?" :)

This!!

Kinda why I made the thread. I'm sure we'er not the only ones with the AD's who have a SWMBO that isn't as keen

unfortunately for me, my Fiance does not have any real expensive habits that I can throw back at her. :(

My wife does. I once caught her smuggling shoes in the house. I was working that Saturday and came home before her. She came in with the cat with canary in the mouth look. After a while I checked the front door and there it was, hidden in the bushes. Bring it in and told her: "Look honey, the shoe fairy left this in the front door. Oh no! Quick, we need to call the credit card company! The shoe fairy stole your number."

I always use that priceless moment as a weapon of last resort.:biggrin1:

She saw me tracking the Futur stand and asked what I was tracking, and I told her a stand. SHe was like yay, then asked how much it cost. That "yay" turned into " HEY!" real fast.

To my fellow AD's. What arguments do you put forth to assuage your SWMBO objections

But she understand the need for multiple purses ? lollll

My wife does. I once caught her smuggling shoes in the house. I was working that Saturday and came home before her. She came in with the cat with canary in the mouth look. After a while I checked the front door and there it was, hidden in the bushes. Bring it in and told her: "Look honey, the shoe fairy left this in the front door. Oh no! Quick, we need to call the credit card company! The shoe fairy stole your number."

I always use that priceless moment as a weapon of last resort.:biggrin1:

lucky you :lol:

when i was married i never caught much grief , she handled all the bills and i never even looked at the account .. well i found out why i caught no grief when i started watching the accounts ..... so maybe your lucky !!!! lol

I have to bribe my wife with letting her get new shoes or what not everytime I want to get a new piece of razor equipment. Makes for an extra expensive case of AD!

Friends don't let friends receive their own deliveries... I'm here to help!

Just send your stuff here and I promise I'll call you when it arrives...

My wife never bothers to ask. I make sure she has enough money to get anything she wants and it has worked so far. I suspect my routine will change if I ever find myself poor.

I've learned to turn this shaving hobby into something for her too. Like this past Christmas all proceeds from the sale of my finds went to her to use at her discretion. She was thrilled to say the least as she was worried about Christmas. Then throughout the year I do this too, in fact recently. She bought a new patio furniture for all of us to sit outside on. It's beautiful. So to be frank in the end I like her getting things for the family. It also puts my AD in check. She does like the razors I have on display as they are minty but in another area are ones I'm stocking up for end of the year sale. So make this be about her as much as you and she'll appreciate it.

Last edited:
Here is one way of getting around this problem: you give the money for a purchase to a close friend. He buys whatever you want with it for you and then sends it to you as a gift.

Have your shave stuff shipped to your girlfriends house. Then bring the items into your house and blend it in with your usual stuff. Your wife will never know the difference! :biggrin1:

Top Bottom