I’ve settled on my four:

IMG_0189.jpeg

1. Baili TTO
  2. Dorco ST301 Stainless
  3. RR 400
  4. Van der Hagen Luxury

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm still thinking about my kit for the 2024 Fixed Four.

2017 Fixed Four.jpeg

2018. FixedFour.Good photo.640.jpeg

3-30-20.FixedFour.Kit.640.136.Vitos.CopMan (1).JPG
3-31-21.WunderBar.FixedFour.640.JPG

3-1-22.FixedFourKit.640JPG.JPG

3-2-23.X1.Mike's.Blue.Unbleached.640.JPG

I believe I've done only six previous Fixed Fours. The photos above are of the gear I used. All the Fixed Fours I've done have been hard for one reason or another. All have been instructive and helpful to me.

For months I've toyed with the insane notion of using the iKon Tech for the Fixed, but I'm chicken. Maybe I'll use the brass Rocnel Elite or the Goodfellas Smile Bayonetta?

Or, I could still totally and completely chicken out. I know how hard a Fixed can be.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
I am thinking I will give this a try this year as it seems harmless enough!!

FFFMM 2024.jpg

Razor: Titanium Blackbird, only razor I own
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp, my favorite blade in the TiBB at this time
Soap: Stirling Frozen Tundra, been 3017'g this one and believe I have just enough left in the tub to make it
Brush: C&H STF XL, though my newest brush I've put together I think it needs more time to break in and this should help

I'm in. Haven't done this for several years, so why not?

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green
Soap: Williams Barber's Bar
Brush: Semogue Excelsior 830

Dad bought me that Slim when I was learning to shave. He probably got it at the corner drug store. The Williams is definitely vintage, packed in a roll of 6 pucks for sale to barber shops.

After extensive deliberation... here's my 2024 FFFMM:
View attachment 1802450
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 16/47 🇩🇪
Soap: Chiseled Face Natural 🇺🇸
Razor: Yaqi SS Duomo on Chiseled Face Ti Industrial handle 🇨🇳 🇺🇸
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black 🇮🇳
Beauty Razor Cal. The head certainly looks like a cousin to the Fatip. I love my Chiseled Face Pineapple Twist Ti handle riding the Lupo OC95 head. The centre indent has improved my gripe on head shaves. The best head shaves I’ve ever had.

IMG_0474.jpeg

Beauty Razor Cal.
Thank you, John. :biggrin:
The head certainly looks like a cousin to the Fatip.
Yaqi copied it from one of RaDiMi's (Rasoio Di Milano 1930s/1940s) models (and Fatip probably did the same).
I love my Chiseled Face Pineapple Twist Ti handle riding the Lupo OC95 head. The centre indent has improved my gripe on head shaves. The best head shaves I’ve ever had.
Good to hear! :cornut:

Another question: if I have two of the exact same brushes, am I allowed to use both during FFFMM? I live in a humid climate and sometimes I like to give my brushes another day to dry, so I rotate them.

No. Only one brush.
That's what I thought. I may be out then, or at least I will be a heretic participating in violation. I am committed to one razor, blade, and soap, but the humid season here is just starting, and it gets very swampy while not being hot enough to run the AC yet. If my brush dries completely overnight, we're good. But, if it doesn't, I may be forced to use two identical copies of the same brush.

That's what I thought. I may be out then, or at least I will be a heretic participating in violation. I am committed to one razor, blade, and soap, but the humid season here is just starting, and it gets very swampy while not being hot enough to run the AC yet. If my brush dries completely overnight, we're good. But, if it doesn't, I may be forced to use two identical copies of the same brush.
:laugh: I believe that having to have a brush completely dry before its next use is a relatively new ploy, instigated by brush makers serving first-world countries. :wink2:

We've had this conversation many times in previous FFFMMs, and I'm pleased to say that Rudy (@Rudy Vey) has often confirmed that one brush is fine.

Top Bottom