What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2023 Edition

FFFMM - Shave #15

Razor:
RazoRock Lupo .95 SB
Blade: Dorco Titan
(5th Use)
Brush: AP Shave Co. Aluminum Layered Comfort handle w/Mühle STF 25mm @~55mm
Soap: Unscented With Beeswax by Stirling Soap Co.

Post-Shave:
Stirling's D-503 Aftershave Splash (no menthol)
Stirling's Post Shave Balm (unscented)

Three pass shave (last pass is more or less cleanup).

I gave myself a weeper under my nose on cleanup -- self inflicted. I tried to manage time by putting teeth whitening strips on during the shave. That sort of thwarted my agility during the shave. But I still had a great shave. The splash gave me a nice sting -- not too bad though. Anyway, a darn fine shave, DFS+.

FFFMMM 3/20/23, Shave No.#14

Fixed 4 Set up:
Rockwell T2 SS-Bic Chrome Platinum-APShaveCo. 28mm Silversmoke Winter-Rockwell shave cream Barbershop
Optional Gear:
Nivea Sensitive Cooling a/s Lotion-Tom Ford Beau De Jour eau de parfum

Brand new Bic blade and off to the races as they say. 3 very smooth passes that removed a little over 24 hours worth of whisker growth. Started as setting #6 and finished it with the T2 at about #4.5 or thereabouts. I don’t have one thing bad to say about this razor. Personally, I would have preferred that the razor have a bit more blade feel and would have offered a bit more blade reveal with the slightest in positive blade exposure to give it some extra ooomph. But, it works as it stands and it will work for a good number of wet shavers out there looking for a quality TTO that so far for me has the craftsmanship to back it up.

Great shaves to all….

139A55E2-E5F3-4BCF-8D40-85F783DE7AC1.jpeg

FFFMM 2023 SOTD
SOTD-NEW-FB-GT-Y_2023-03-20.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Gillette NEW Flat Bottom GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (10)
ASL: Clubman Classic Vanilla

A great shave. :biggrin:
All the team members (hardware and software) played a great game. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Still in with shave 15

Razor: GameChanger .68P
Blade: Gillette Platinum (14)
Soap: Mike's Barber Shop (37)
Brush: Omega Jade Boar (55)

No photo today and you are all probably bored with my "stock" photos of this kit :)

The last two shaves have been the smoothest and closest of the month, hopefully that's a sign of some technique improvements and starting to understand how these pieces work together. I managed a DFS+ shave on two passes today, as happened the last shave on Saturday.

That was my goal I had not quite achieved with the Tech before FFFMM started and I'm psyched I've achieved it, finally, with the GameChanger. I'm very interested to see how my Tech shaves have changed, if at all, after this event.

Date: March 21, 2023.
Shave: 11.
Shaving Brush: Semogue 820 Boar Bristle.
Shaving Cream: O'Melhor Classico.
Razor: Rockwell 6S in Red with base plate 3.
Blade: Gillette Nacet Blade 4, shave 2, side 1 & 2.
Preshave Wash: Hot Water, Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser.
Lathering: Bowl lather.
Shave: Pass 1 WTG, Pass 2 XTG, Pass 3 ATG, cleanup pass.
Post Shave: Cold Water splash, Alum Block.
Aftershave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel, Old Spice Wolfthorn.
End Result: Close and comfortable.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
FFFMM

Last night’s luxury shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (4)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: hot shower and a dollop of aloe
Lather: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola Soap, palm-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Mentholated Equate Moisturizer

Slightly more lucid than the night before, I resumed skin stretching. It was comfortable, but it slightly shifts grain direction so I could keep going as normal and have slightly less closeness in some spots along and below the jawline. Upper lip comfort I used to enjoy with this razor still being overpowered by my zeal. The next morning, my skin feels less comfortable than when I shaved without skin stretching. So maybe meh for me.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
FFFMM
Monday SOTD

Razor:
Blackbird Lite SS and SR-36 Bronze handle
Blade: Personna (5)
Brush: Semogue Torga Mistura C3
Soap: Zingari Man the Wanderer
ASL: Pinaud VIBR
20230320_191532[1].jpg

Another two pass shave was had last night, this time the first pass all WTG, the second pass mostly XTG.
I'm finding the optimum shaving angle a bit elusive, it almost seems like the Lite wants to be pushed instead of dragged, but once it starts making noise, it does remove stubble.
I did my best to use absolutely no pressure during the shave and just basically drag the razor across my face and neck.
The shaves are getting closer, but it sure takes a bit of work to get there.
The Witch hazel went on without a hitch, the VIBR felt great, and the Nivea balm a welcome finish.

Have a nice shave

~doug~

It hasn't been a good month for shaving cognitively. Today would have been a 19 day beard shave and while the First gen British Aristocrat OC was up to the challenge, it would have been a lot of work. With that being the case I imagine I have been disqualified for using my beard trimmer prior to doing my standard two pass shave. I don't regret it. It was a great shave all around and drama free. I will continue using this kit and follow along.

FFFMM - Shave #16

Razor:
RazoRock Lupo .95 SB
Blade: Dorco Titan
(6th Use)
Brush: AP Shave Co. Aluminum Layered Comfort handle w/Mühle STF 25mm @~55mm
Soap: Unscented With Beeswax by Stirling Soap Co.

Post-Shave:
Stirling's Glacial Lemon Chill Aftershave Splash
Stirling's Post Shave Balm (unscented w/menthol)

Three pass shave (last pass is more or less cleanup).

Great shave today ... but as I was cleaning up on my neck, I gave myself a little weeper. The splash gave a nice sting; followed with the glacial menthol blast. It felt great. Result?! ... smooth all over, a darn fine shave, DFS+.

3-21-23 Tuesday
FFFMM 13/31

Razor: Merkur Progress (3-4-5-1)
Blade: Treet platinum(5)
Soap: Mudder Focker face lather
Brush: RR Bruce
Pre: n/a
20230321_222949.jpg

Took the time for a full 3 passes plus buffing shave. BBS for the win. No nicks, cuts or irritation. The Progress and Treet combo really is a winner!
Be well
Jay

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
FFFMM
Tuesday "Knights of the Veg Table" SOTD

Razor:
Blackbird Lite SS and SR-36 Bronze handle
Blade: Personna (6)
Brush: Semogue Torga Mistura C3
Soap: Zingari Man the Wanderer
ASL: the "Veg"
20230321_203347[1].jpg

I just realized this is my fourth day in a row shaving, so I used the same kit I have been using all month and the "Veg" to celebrate the occasion.
The shave was another two pass WTG, XTG shave, and with less work than I put in yesterday, the shave was not as close.
I felt the blade removing stubble, but it's clear to me the Lite needs a sharp blade, so I will bin this blade and put in a fresh Personna for the next shave.
The Witch hazel felt like water, the "Veg" felt good enough for two splashes, and the Nivea balm a very nice finishing touch on an irritation free shave.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
FFFMM

Last night’s luxury shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (5)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: hot shower and a dollop of aloe
Lather: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Mentholated Equate Moisturizer

Fate smiled on my efforts and a comfortable, quick shave that was close enough kept from my razor. Everywhere was trimmed even if not always down to the skin.

Top Bottom