What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2023 Edition

FFFMM Shave 11

1678940143202.png

Razor: GameChanger 68-P
Blade: Gillette Platinum (10)
Soap: Mike's Barber Shop (33)
Brush: Omega Jade Boar (51)

My daily shaving test is going well, today was the sixth in a row and I've yet to encounter any untoward effects. This wasn't something I could do without damage when I first started wetshaving and I'm starting to feel like I've made some progress with technique. It's a good feeling!

FFFMM Shave 11

View attachment 1621820

Razor: GameChanger 68-P
Blade: Gillette Platinum (10)
Soap: Mike's Barber Shop (33)
Brush: Omega Jade Boar (51)

My daily shaving test is going well, today was the sixth in a row and I've yet to encounter any untoward effects. This wasn't something I could do without damage when I first started wetshaving and I'm starting to feel like I've made some progress with technique. It's a good feeling!
:eek6: I hope you're not cheating, Adam.

That's the weirdest Game Changer .68P that I've ever seen.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
FFFMM

Last night’s luxury shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (7)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola Soap, palm-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Mentholated Equate Moisturizer

Brain swam with too many ideas, but shave was borderline acceptable. #Winning

Here at our midway point, are you forming an opinion about your SOC Mistura?

I'm not really a badger brush guy. I had a Paladin and really didn't like it. Beautiful brush but it was a lather hog.

After that, I started looking at boar brushes, and saw a lot of recommendations for the Mistura, so I bought one, along with several boars, so the Mistura sat mostly unused, until now.

I love it. Great face lather and a good combination of backbone, but still soft and a bit scratchy, but above all (and why I LOVE boars) it still has good flow through and releases the lather much better than the super-dense, high-end Paladin.

It's become my favorite badger (with a bit of help from the swine of course).

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Noce OC
Blade: New Lord Platinum (7)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Cream: Old Spice Original
Aftershave: Old Spice Original
064_01_25.jpg

This was my last shave of the week. This lineup is going really well. The New Lord Platinum is hitting the sweet zone on shave seven. It is so smooth. If it's not broken don't fix it. It sits like a mustache.

I'm out. 😕

Two reasons:

Primarily, I'm not enjoying my shaves, but more importantly, I'm not having fun. With the razor I chose, my shaving has become a chore again. No joy.

The Timeless 95OC razor is a work of art, truly beautiful, but with the 95OC plate I feel like I must work too hard...and reason two...

...I'm weak. I got impatient and wanted to try my new .68 scalloped base plate on my Timeless, which I did today.

I expected a completely different result, and was rewarded with my best shave this month. Close and comfortable with no irritation or blood. Perfect.

No surprise, really, as I've been getting the same type of shaves from my Game Changer 68P, my ASD2, and my Techs for months.

Anyway, the Timeless is now a joy to use, I'm having fun again and, after all, that's my main reason for doing any of this.

(Still in on my head shaves. 🙂)

Also want to note that these arrived today, so I used them for my WTG and XTG passes on my cheeks and neck, and finished with my DE.

20230316_162124.jpg

I'm out. 😕

Two reasons:

Primarily, I'm not enjoying my shaves, but more importantly, I'm not having fun. With the razor I chose, my shaving has become a chore again. No joy.

The Timeless 95OC razor is a work of art, truly beautiful, but with the 95OC plate I feel like I must work too hard...and reason two...

...I'm weak. I got impatient and wanted to try my new .68 scalloped base plate on my Timeless, which I did today.

I expected a completely different result, and was rewarded with my best shave this month. Close and comfortable with no irritation or blood. Perfect.

No surprise, really, as I've been getting the same type of shaves from my Game Changer 68P, my ASD2, and my Techs for months.

Anyway, the Timeless is now a joy to use, I'm having fun again and, after all, that's my main reason for doing any of this.

(Still in on my head shaves. 🙂)

Also want to note that these arrived today, so I used them for my WTG and XTG passes on my cheeks and neck, and finished with my DE.

View attachment 1622145

You made the right call - you gave that plate a long evaluation and that's just what FFFMM is for I'd say! Life is too short to torture yourself unessessarly.

I love your new acquisitions! Looking forward to following your adventure with those :)

Top Bottom