What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2022 Edition

1. Do you want to play a shaving game?

2. Do you want to dial a particular piece of hardware or software in?

3. Are you on a restraint?

If you answered YES to any of the above, “Fixed Four” may be for you.

IT’S SIMPLE (Rule 1)

You just pick one BRUSH, one SOAP/CREAM, one RAZOR, and one BLADE*.
And you use ONLY those four for the whole month.

*With blades, if you chose say “Astra SP” you would stick to that blade, but use as many of them as you see fit.

That’s the end of Rule 1. Rule 1 is the only rule.

For an example, this was my choice for FFFMM 2021:
FFFMM-2021.jpg

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 head on a "Worlds Finest" handle
Blade: Personna Red

Pre and Post Shave stuff isn’t included, so you can do exactly as you please in that area.

You can shave as often or as little as you like.

Typically you’d post saying “I’m in” and telling us your Fixed Four, but you don’t need to.

You can post every day to tell us how you’re getting on (we like that, and we like pics). You can also join us Fixed Fourers without making a single post (it’s entirely YOUR CHOICE).

If you post your Fixed Four during February, then find out that you’d like to change it… that’s fine. Just let us know the changes before your first shave in March.

Let the madness begin.
Mad-March.jpg

IT’S SIMPLE (Rule 1)

*With blades, if you chose say “Astra SP” you would stick to that blade, but use as many of them as you see fit.

View attachment 1406078

Pre and Post Shave stuff isn’t included, so you can do exactly as you please in that area.

Typically you’d post saying “I’m in” and telling us your Fixed Four, but you don’t need to.

You can post every day to tell us how you’re getting on (we like that, and we like pics). You can also join us Fixed Fourers without making a single post (it’s entirely YOUR CHOICE).

If you post your Fixed Four during February, then find out that you’d like to change it… that’s fine. Just let us know the changes before your first shave in March.

Let the madness begin.
Mad-March.jpg

That fancy handle is something else.
I'm in. I will be using my 1.25 SB WR2, but, I not sure which handle I will use. Likely the Gillette Common bar, but, I may go with the Timeless Titanium Crown. Blade will be a Gillette "Spoiler" I have been itching to try. Brush Will be my Heritage II L7 from M&F. Soap I'll think on. Martin de Candre, Ethos Firm Base, Saponificio Varesino, heck, maybe Cyril R. Salter Cream. Decisions decisions.

k3a56Rz.jpg

IT’S SIMPLE (Rule 1)

View attachment 1406078

Let the madness begin.
Mad-March.jpg
Thank You Cal. My first two years I wanted to join ssooo….. bad. But could not as I was thrashing through the bushes trying to figure out where I was and what’s going on. I’m in the trenches now full battle kit. Three time’s lucky I get to go in. My first year in B&B you planted the Fixed Four Seeds. It took a two and half year apprenticeship to get here. March 4th. will be my Seventeenth Fixed Four Shave. I am still learning and improving all aspects of my weekly face and head shave. I’m happy to be in for four shaves. I have been rotating between 4.2 & 4.3 SV formulas. I will just use Felce Aromatica for the month. I want to burn through it anyway. I don’t think I have burned through more than a couple of soaps in three years.

Grande & Feather
Zenith B-35 Boar
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica

BA8BF9B8-4CF8-4B72-B0EA-461123B474A1.jpeg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
:laugh: You're the boy for going out on a limb, Rave. :thumbsup:

I understand your BOSCness, but do you REALLY intend substituting a razor blade with a splash? :crazy:
Well that was the plan. Then blades wouldn't be fixed. I could use any blade I wanted to, or not. It seems like I didn't get this one past you. So, in the interest of not having to hear you go on about rules and such :wink2::

Fatip Grande Ni or Fatip Lo Storto Cr (to be decided)
Omega Evo Ovale
Proraso Green New Super Formula (Cream)
Gillette Platinum

P.S. I really like Proraso Green Splash. It's my favorite. :w00t:

I will be continuing my February challenge into March. I change nothing except my aftershave for the whole month.
But what I really need is a good soap/cream that is typically good for a SR shave and Tabac just isn't cutting it (all puns intended).
I might go with Arco or Cella as I've heard that the straight users have good results with them. Any recommendations?

PreShave: People actually use this stuff?
Razor: King Cobra
Blade: Kai Captain Titan (not the mild version). I will be using a fresh blade in March
Soap: I really need to find something better than Tabac
Brush: Rudy Vey 2021 commemorative St. Sue brush.
Bowl: Captain's Choice heavy copper.
A/S: varies by brand but hopefully something that pairs well with Tabac.

Yeah I know it's fixed four . . . maybe I'll change brushes (but I doubt it).

The handle for my Wolfman WR2 has been decided. @Rosseforp & @Cal have the right idea with lighter weight hamdles. I find myself in a niche of a niche. I have more control of my 1.25 SB WR2 with the 20g Brass Gillette Common Bar handle from my NEW Short Comb than my Titanium Timeless Crown at I believe 43g.
You need to add LHF (Lightweight Handle Fanboy) to your signature, Michael. :wink2:

I am standing down this year. I recently received two new soaps. I want to be able to use both of them in the upcoming months, once my remaining Cella Green used up.

Top Bottom