What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2022 Edition

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Thanks to this thread, I have a Muhle Rocca incoming. I love the R41, even with its feared blade chatter. The Merkur Progress razor I am using for April Adjustables exercise has some serious blade chatter on its higher settings compared to the R41. I am curious how the Rocca will compare !
Not only is it a beautiful razor, but, with the right blade, it is smooth and efficient. I love mine and it has become my favourite razor despite all the moaning during the FFFMM

Just one last check-in: I finished the month using my kit, so that's a success. I didn't shave on the last day, and my Nacet was sitting at 39 shaves, so I decided to start April with one last shave to get to an even 40. I popped the blade into my FOCS and took care of two days' growth without issue, then binned the blade.

The next shave - a fresh Nacet in the 6S - was really nice, but honestly, not appreciably better than the 40th shave on the previous blade. Maybe I should have kept it going...

Anyhoo, thanks for another fun month. I got reacquainted with my Slim, loved the Yardley, determined that the Century really needs to be re-knotted, and got the most out of a blade. Call it a win.

Onward.

Top Bottom