What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2021 Edition

Isn't that a fixed three if you use a straight? :001_tongu

Only kidding, of course. :)

actually the 4th would be the equivalent of which finish is used.

balsa
jnat
coticule
ark
Jasper
TOS
slate
synthetic
etc

kinda like switching out a Derby premium to a Feather.

camo

Last edited:
Your choice camo, but we'd love your company. :thumbsup:

:letterk1: :lol:
will give this some serious thought tonight and tommorow.

this might change my previously planned lineup for tommorow morn due to test run and/or decision making.

one month is a looooooooooong time for a person like me. surely only PDP can withstand a month's beating!!!!

camo

Raven Koenes

My precious!
You could read the *Fatip Slant* thread, it's only 116 pages long (currently). :laugh:

View attachment 1228331

Better still, let's beam Rave @Raven Koenes, our Fatip Ambassador and Ultimate Fatip Fanboy, up. Are you there Rave?
My FOCS Piccolo has the edge over my Piccolo. Both are enjoyable to use. My Lo Storto has the edge none-the less. Of course, that's my opinion, and the user will always have their personal preference. I'm just saying that as someone who has tried a few Fatips.

Just one question...as I'm on edge to buy it...is FOCS so much better than normal FaTip Piccolo or is it just popular choice now? I'm really enjoying my little FaTip...but seeing here that most of you use slant...well...? Is it? :)
You can get the Fatip Slant Piccolo now which is very nice. I've been using it most of this month and will be using it in the Fixed Four. The slant shaves very similarly to the standard Piccolo, has most of the same attributes, a very smooth and effective razor. I like the slant a bit more, but don't think it's an earth-shattering difference.

fixed-four-4.png

Progress toward a commitment today. I'm pretty set on my Joseph Rodgers Celebrated India Steel near wedge and MdC Fougere. I think the brush will be the Heritage Collection Klenzo, but I want to check it out with the MdC tomorrow morning before I commit.

The Rodgers is a nice shaver, but not quite up to where it should be. MdC is essentially new to me. And the Klenzo had been very inconsistent thus far. Looks to be an interesting month.

Final commitment and pics the 26th or 27th.

And @camoloc, we can still play with our other toys, just not shave with them. I plan to be cleaning and polishing and rescalling and tightening and stropping and ...

I'm in

View attachment 1223204

Brush - Simpson's T3
Soap - Mitchell's wool fat
Razor - Fatip open comb slant
Blade - Nacet Stainless

I will make a change to my line up. I didn't think the R41 would arrive in time, but it has. I have got a couple of very good shaves under my belt with it, so I will go with it.

Brush - Simpson's T3
Soap - Mitchell's wool fat
Razor - Muhle R41 with RR HD handle
Blade - Nacet Stainless

20210226_114957.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Not a problem. Much appreciated, my friend.
I was going to try to wiggle around the rules by swapping different Piccolo handles on my Piccolo Lo Storto throughout the month, but Cal said swapping handles is out. So, I'm making an educated guess that swapping out Proraso scents with the same base (white, red, and green), and using my multiple Omega S-brushes with the same shaped, different colored handles, and same knot size is out as well. I guess this means having to narrow down my fixed four to a fixed four?
60285762_2482790278419974_1110062090384572416_n.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to try to wiggle around the rules by swapping different Piccolo handles on my Piccolo Lo Storto throughout the month, but Cal said swapping handles is out. So, I'm making an educated guess that swapping out Proraso scents with the same base (white, red, and green), and using my multiple Omega S-brushes with the same shaped, different colored handles, and same knot size is out as well. I guess this means having to narrow down my fixed four to a fixed four?
View attachment 1228676
Pesky rules....

Top Bottom