What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2021 Edition

I think I still need a ruling from @Cal though. While this razor is adjustable via the micrometer screw, which lifts the blade off the comb, that would pass Cal's previous judgement on DE adjustables that don't need additional parts to be adjusted.
Yep, that's fine. :thumbsup:
However, with no additional parts (one less, actually), it can be used as a straight for edging up the goatee.
I don't think that would break the one rule, but Cal has a habit of wagging his finger at me. 🤣
Normally, I would wag the finger. But seeing as it's such a one-off (by today's standards) I'll let it go.
So, if I'm feeling brave enough to use this for a month, and don't lose patience beforehand whilst trying to hone it, does this breach the one rule?
As above, go for it. :yesnod:

FOOTNOTE
If it were me, I couldn't bear all that fannying around. I'd stick to your first razor choice.
But as we all know... it ain't me. :wink2:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Yep, that's fine. :thumbsup:

Normally, I would wag the finger. But seeing as it's such a one-off (by today's standards) I'll let it go.

As above, go for it. :yesnod:

FOOTNOTE
If it were me, I couldn't bear all that fannying around. I'd stick to your first razor choice.
But as we all know... it ain't me. :wink2:

Cool!

baby-dance-gif-thank-god-its-friday-tgif-delebration.gif

I'll start having a search around for my honing stuff. :thumbup1: The sooner I start trying to get it shave ready, the sooner I can abort and revert to Plan A should any difficulties arise 🤓

I know we were invited, but I haven't seen anyone commit to a straight razor setup yet. That makes me want to take the plunge. I'm assuming that edge touch ups, if required, are permissible when using a straight for FFMM? And if so, would I be allowed to change finishers (coticule vs. synthetic vs. barber hone)? That would actually give me a chance to compare them while locked into the same gear.

I know we were invited, but I haven't seen anyone commit to a straight razor setup yet. That makes me want to take the plunge. I'm assuming that edge touch ups, if required, are permissible when using a straight for FFFMM? And if so, would I be allowed to change finishers (coticule vs. synthetic vs. barber hone)? That would actually give me a chance to compare them while locked into the same gear.
Absolutely!
Obviously just one razor, Alan. With regards to honing feel free to use anything you please.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I know we were invited, but I haven't seen anyone commit to a straight razor setup yet. That makes me want to take the plunge. I'm assuming that edge touch ups, if required, are permissible when using a straight for FFMM? And if so, would I be allowed to change finishers (coticule vs. synthetic vs. barber hone)? That would actually give me a chance to compare them while locked into the same gear.

Isn't that a fixed three if you use a straight? :001_tongu

Only kidding, of course. :)

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
:hand: Nope.

:laugh: Correct.

The reason for this is that we're aiming to improve our technique with one particular piece of hardware (a DE, SE, or Cartridge razor in this case). For example: if you use a 3" plastic handle to start with, then change to a 4" solid brass handle... that's like two completely different razors (even though you're using the same head).
I extended my FFFMM last year four days as I did indeed swap @Rosseforp handles :ouch1:

my Fixed Four now with a pic
I know you posted your four on the 13th (12 days ago) Hannes... but for all of us it would be nice to see the list too (unless we've read and photographically memorized every post on the thread :wink2:).

As a fairly experienced shaving freak what I see in your pic is:

Brush: Semogue Owners Club... is it a Mistura?
Soap: I ain't psychic.
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (gold)
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super

That being the case I'll look over the racks upon racks of my straights and see if I can make the commitment to only one.

But... They're all so dang purty!!! And they call to me in such dulcet and enticing whispers ...
I understand completely Alan... but just think how good a full month of DISCIPLINE in 2021 would be for you. :wink2:

Just one question...as I'm on edge to buy it...is FOCS so much better than normal FaTip Piccolo or is it just popular choice now? I'm really enjoying my little FaTip...but seeing here that most of you use slant...well...? Is it? :)

Sent from my Y7 using Tapatalk

I know you posted your four on the 13th (12 days ago) Hannes... but for all of us it would be nice to see the list too (unless we've read and photographically memorized every post on the thread :wink2:).

As a fairly experienced shaving freak what I see in your pic is:

Brush: Semogue Owners Club... is it a Mistura?
Soap: I ain't psychic.
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (gold)
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super
Yup, I jumped in on page 1 so this was only a pic of the setup.

G-FOCS
Semogue Butterscotch Mistura Finest
Colonel Conk Bay Rum --> 3017 attempt
Wizamet Iridium Super --> endurance test to hopefully 15 shaves
IMG_0299.jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Just one question...as I'm on edge to buy it...is FOCS so much better than normal FaTip Piccolo or is it just popular choice now? I'm really enjoying my little FaTip...but seeing here that most of you use slant...well...? Is it? :)

I would think that depends on whether or not you have ever used a slant. I much prefer my Mk1 Piccolo to my FOCS.

You could read the *Fatip Slant* thread, it's only 116 pages long (currently). :laugh:

Fatip-Logo.jpg

Better still, let's beam Rave @Raven Koenes, our Fatip Ambassador and Ultimate Fatip Fanboy, up. Are you there Rave?

I would think that depends on whether or not you have ever used a slant. I much prefer my Mk1 Piccolo to my FOCS.

Initially the look of the FOCS was a bit scary but it is such a smooth and efficient shaver that my regular Piccolo (current production) gathers dust. If you like the Piccolo handle you can mix and match with the FOCS or get the new Piccolo FOCS that just came out.

Top Bottom