SOTD-WR2-K_2021-03-05.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 head on a "Worlds Finest" handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (5)
ASL: Clubman

A good shave. :biggrin:
Only a GOOD shave? Are we heading into a trough after all these peaks? Nah, it was gooder than that. :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

FFFMM Shave#5
Razor: Timeless .95 scalloped ss
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black(7)
Brush: Omega 10098
Soap: Signature Soaps Capra

Normally the only skin stretching I do is of the "pulling stupid faces" variety so today I made sure to do it with my hand and the shave was a bit closer. The blade is still performing well and l'm in new territory with it as usually for me it's 5 max and out.

Shave #3

Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel
Soap: Razorock P160 Special Shaving Soap
Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar

The Kai blade's trend of smoother shaving as it moves past the initial couple of go-rounds is holding true for me with this kit. No post shave irritation now and very good results. I'm looking forward to its sweet spot (shaves 4 through 8).

FFMM_2021.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
FFFMM 2021 SOTD #5
SOTD-WR2-K_2021-03-05.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 head on a "Worlds Finest" handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (5)
ASL: Clubman

A good shave. :biggrin:
Only a GOOD shave? Are we heading into a trough after all these peaks? Nah, it was gooder than that. :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
Gooder? :lol1:

Day 5 (4th shave)

For any that have forgotten:
PXL_20210305_211416755-01.jpeg

Joseph Rodgers, Celebrated India Steel
Michael de Candre, Fougere
Heritage Collection Merit 99-5

Another stellar shave. The Rodgers is still treetopping like it just came off the balsa. I'm starting to wonder if I'll get to touch it up on another finisher before the month ends ... The Merit/MdC combo seemsto have settled in and is behaving pretty consistently. Another week and it will be on autopilot.

A question for you @Cal, I often use lather when I use a barber hone. Am I constrained to using my FFFMM soap for honing as well as shaving?

Brush: Slightly Mangled Rubberset 153 reknotted with Maggard synth
Soap: Wet Shaving Products Rustic Tobacco
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Gillette Nacet

5 days and 4 shaves during March and the most negative thing I can say is, the Schick Krona is kinda boring. Three of my fixed four items are things that I really like and have some familiarity with. The Krona is just too good at getting an effortless, "good enough" shave. I am going to start focusing on elevating my shave as much as possible and really trying to get the angle figured out.

For now though, being able to cruise through March isn't too bad. The quality of my lather is improving as I get used to the soap again and today's shave was clearly the best of the bunch.

Well I can fill my bathtub with Knize 10 every day but the Colonel's products are incomparable :c1:
When I first started wet shaving, Col. made the soap I first used. I didn't think it worked too well, but I realize now I was blaming his products for my utter [bad word] techniques.

Now that I kinda know what I'm doing, are those soaps that good? I see he's a good stand up guy. But the soaps are that good?

Shave 5

Ds Cosmetics T7
Treet DuraSharp Blue (7)
MWF
Oumo/custom brush

No photo again today.

Another quality shave - the blade just gets better and better, trying not to expect too much longer from it but if it keeps on performing then I'll keep on using it!

Shaves 4, 5 & 6

Brush - Simpson's T3
Soap - Mitchell's wool fat
Razor - Muhle R41 with RR HD handle
Blade - Nacet Stainless

Thursday 4th
New Nacet blade for 4th shave and a good 2 pass DFS.

Friday 5th
Nacet (1) for 5th shave DFS.

Saturday 6th
Nacet (2) for 6th shave, 2 small weapers on chin and neck. Alum block sorted these out. Weapers due to getting a bit over confident with the R41. First weapers or cuts with R41 after about 10 shaves. Still a DFS with no irritation from a 2 pass shave.

When I first started wet shaving, Col. made the soap I first used. I didn't think it worked too well, but I realize now I was blaming his products for my utter [bad word] techniques.

Now that I kinda know what I'm doing, are those soaps that good? I see he's a good stand up guy. But the soaps are that good?
His are the only glycerin based soaps in my den so I can’t compare them in relation to other glycerin soaps. In regards to the other soaps and creams that I use I can only say it depends :c9:

Is a badger/boar/Synth THAT good? In good B&B Tradition YMMV.

I love the scents, they lather easy for me and the give me all the cushion and comfort that I need for my shave.
They don’t feel as fatty as tallow bases or superfatted croaps and once liquid you can pour them in any (vintage) container that you like. My Amber puck will go into my Shulton OS mug.

Would I want to shave every day with it? Probably not but for me this hobby is about variety and choices. I will definitely use them more often once winter is gone due to their lighter texture and face feel.

Thank you Mike @Colonel Conk for a great and affordable product

No. 4
1939B238-CB71-46D8-B325-CC8FF5E5FB90.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: G-FOCS
Blade: Wizamet 5th use
Brush: Semogue Mistura Finest Butterscotch
Soap: Colonel Conk Bay Rum
Result: DFS 2 weepers

Biggest suprise today was the blade. It didn’t felt as smooth as usual after 5 shaves and I got 2 weepers going ATG. I will put it aside and will start the next shave with a new one.

Top Bottom