What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2021 Edition

IMG_3775.jpg

Coach called an unfamiliar play today called "face lathering," which resulted in an embarrassing turnover and the need to burn a timeout.

I just don't have the feel for anything other than bowl lathering, but I did my best. Had to go back to the puck for some more soap for pass two, and ultimately just quit a little early today to avoid real trouble. No harm, no foul, but not a terrific shave either.

Back to the bowl tomorrow! "We gotta play our game," etc. etc. :)

FFFMM : Wednesday, 3rd March 2021
Razor : Pearl Flexi V2
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack (6)
Soap : Tabac
Brush : Razorock Monster Plissoft 26 mm

Shave # 6 on the GWS blade told me that it was going to slow down and give me dull shaves now on. I could get some more shaves on it - but I wouldn't like the shave quality and best to bin this blade at shave # 5.

I had to tweak the Pearl Flexi v2 to setting 4 to get a close shave - but the skin felt a but rough post that shave !

The cost of a blade truck of 10 blades costs me appx 34 cents so 50 shaves for 34 cents is cheaper than cheap !

Less swirls off the Tabac today and had enough lather for a 3 pass shave plus some more. Tabac is a champ when it comes to slickness and post shave face feel !

The fifth element which isn't locked this month is the AS and I am combining everything in my shave den with Tabac and see how it goes..

Happy shaves everyone!
20210303_221957.jpg

Last edited:
FFFMM : Wednesday, 3rd March 2021
Razor : Pearl Flexi V2
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack (6)
Soap : Tabac
Brush : Razorock Monster Plissoft 26 mm

Shave # 6 on the GWS blade told me that it was going to slow down and give me dull shaves now on. I could get some more shaves on it - but I wouldn't like the shave quality and best to bin this blade at shave # 5.

I had to tweak the Pearl Flexi v2 to setting 4 to get a close shave - but the skin felt a but rough post that shave !

The cost of a blade truck of 10 blades costs me appx 34 cents so 50 shaves for 34 cents is cheaper than cheap !

Less swirls off the Tabac today and had enough lather for 3 pass shave plus some more. Tabac is a champ when it comes to skickness and post shave face feel !

The fifth element which isn't locked this month is the AS and I am combining everything in my shave den with Tabac and see how it goes..

Happy shaves everyone!

I love Tabac, it is my favorite soap. I like it so much I will not use any after shave if I use it. I will put Tabac back in the rotation in April. Long Live Tabac!

Day 3

The Joseph Rogers obliterated 48 hours' growth in complete silence and with devastating effect. No evident effect on the edge of only clean leather stropping so far.

Got the MdC to hold a great consistency for all three passes for the first time! Previously had an airy lather for the first pass before getting it adjusted.

M

member 119848

Thanks for your opinion, @Cal
The smell that I pick up resembles fermentation, it´s light enough not to be disgusting.
I don´t know why, the puck is one year old, may be... I have been using it regularly, so it could be the combination of moisture and warmth that turned it over. As long as I´m not eating the soap I feel safe using it. 🙂
6 pucks of Proraso red are on their way. If a new puck smells like it should, I´ll just ditch the camembert one. ;)

Thanks for your opinion, @Cal
The smell that I pick up resembles fermentation, it´s light enough not to be disgusting.
I don´t know why, the puck is one year old, may be... I have been using it regularly, so it could be the combination of moisture and warmth that turned it over. As long as I´m not eating the soap I feel safe using it. 🙂
6 pucks of Proraso red are on their way. If a new puck smells like it should, I´ll just ditch the camembert one. ;)
You might be on to a new product line here. They ferment Cabbage, Flax, Hopps, and Grapes to make fine products. Why not shave soap?

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
FFfM, March 3, 3rd shave
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Brush: Zenith 506ALL SE boar
Soap: Proraso green
Blade: Astra Stainless Steel, 18th shave (carryover from 1-Blade February Challenge)

As this blade has exceeded any rational lifespan, I have adjusted technique for safety by using short, careful strokes, and for closeness by applying more pressure. Got yet another great shave, no tugging, no weepers.

FFFMM Shave#3
Razor: Timeless .95 scalloped ss
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black(5)
Brush: Omega 10098
Soap: Signature Soaps Capra

A very close and smooth shave again, the blade is holding up well. I'm going to keep riding the cap for a few days as I normally shave at a steeper angle but todays result was again very comfortable. I usually use a fairly well hydrated lather but tomorrow I'm going to push it to almost breaking point just to see how much water this soap will take.

Top Bottom