What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2020 Edition

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Good luck with it this month!
You as well. I think you would like the Schone/Fatip. I think with the tight clamping of the blade, blade's don't vary so much. There seems to be a lot of discussion around good and bad blades in the R41, I don't see that so much with the Schone and myself have not noticed a lot of difference among blades I've used in it. (Derby, Merkur, GSB, Personna Med Prep)

...Not sure where to get a Schone these days as when you go to the site, the online store they used to sell through seems to no longer carry their product. If that is the case, then just get a Fatip...
Alrossa was selling through Amazon. Amazon still has the nickel Schonnes in stock but they seem to be out of the gold ones.

My FFFMM first shave DFS (at my age DFS is my goal).

Razor: Gillette NLC with custom handle.
Brush: Made Rite #44 Silvertip (restored)
Blade: Astra SP day 1
Cream: Proraso

To go along with the basketball sport theme, I used Old Spice Sport deodorant.

IMG_0426.JPG

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This is my third Fixed should I complete it.

Fixed%22Four%22Vitos.136.CopperMan.640.JPG

Cal predicted I'd use the kit mentioned below...

I expect the following:
Brush: Zenith Copper Manchurian
Soap: Vitos Extra Super Coco
Razor: Torrey 136

Looks like the man's ahead of the curve 'cause he nailed it.

The Torrey 136 Snap to Close edge is Top of the Top. Sharp and smooth. I love the brush but can only hope it dries well fast enough. My house tends to be dry which should help.

Good luck to all participants including me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Cal, other than a few words from Marco, we have not heard much about the Proraso Super Formula on this side of the pond. How do you like it?
The only new Super Formula item I have is the Proraso Red soap, Atlantic59. I changed to it directly from the original Red. The scent is the same (which I like). Everything else is just "better."

The thing that caught my attention most on my first shave with the Super Formula was that (apart from giving me a big smile) I just couldn't do any skin stretching at all. My sticky (alum'd) fingers slid off all the time. I've overcome that "problem" now, but it took a while.

The original Red was my all time favorite soap, now the new Super Formula Red is. :001_wub:

I'm in!
I'll go with:
Fatip Grande (I need an entire month with it, my results are very inconsistent)
Stirling Gatlinburg (2 months in but I haven't busted through the bottom yet)
Treet Classics, I've got 7 left from a tuck I opened, and
Yaqi synthetic, I think it's a 22 mm. I travel for work and it dries quickly. First shave in a few hours

Does the tub last longer than the tube?

[BBCQUOTE="Cal, post: 10593188, member: 106012"]
The only new Super Formula item I have is the Proraso Red soap, Atlantic59. I changed to it directly from the original Red. The scent is the same (which I like). Everything else is just "better."

The thing that caught my attention most on my first shave with the Super Formula was that (apart from giving me a big smile) I just couldn't do any skin stretching at all. My sticky (alum'd) fingers slid off all the time. I've overcome that "problem" now, but it took a while.

The original Red was my all time favorite soap, now the new Super Formula Red is. :001_wub:
[/QUOTE]

Completed my first shave of FFFMM.
Razor: Razorock GC .68 OC with two piece stainless halo handle.
Blade: Bic chrome platinum
Brush: Razorock barber handle synthetic.
Soap: Razorock Mudder Focker

Hope I have enough soap left in the tub for 30 more days. It is dropping faster than I anticipated.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Soap: Razorock Mudder Focker

Hope I have enough soap left in the tub for 30 more days. It is dropping faster than I anticipated.

I have the opposite hope. I'm hoping to burn through my GD AION in 30 days and be done with it. I don't care for the scent at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom