What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2020 Edition

FFFMM SOTD
  • Rubberset 203, reknotted to 28mm boar
  • Cella
  • 1937 Sheraton
  • Nacet (3)
Well, I did a 40th shaves on the last blade, just to end on a round number. The new blade was markedly sharper and, as usually happens when I switch to a fresh one, showed me where the old blade hadn't been cutting it, as it were.

Today was #3 on the new blade and it was lovely. I've gone back to my previous method for lathering after a brief dalliance with the Marco Method and I just find that my way works for me. Today's lather was likely the best of the month, even though I've decided that I'm not especially fond of this brush/soap combo.

I'll make it through without any fuss, and I have a Fatip and a Schone waiting for me in April.

F3M2_Basketball_Logo 33pct.png

26-MAR-2020 SOTD
FFFMM shave #14

SOTD 2020-03-16D.jpeg

PRE ........ Hot Water
BRUSH ...... Omega EVO Marble Ovale (E1855)
SOAP ....... Wholly Kaw Rebelle (Siero Tallow)
RAZOR ...... Supply V2 with 3 Dot Plate, Schick Proline B-20 (2)
POST CARE .. Humphrey's Witch Hazel, CeraVe SA Cream
FRAGRANCE .. Pre de Provence No. 63 EDT

DFS shave tonight, although it felt like I should have done better for the effort. That's how it goes sometimes.

Shave 25

Prep: Hot shower, Ach Brito Glyce Soap, Proraso Green Pre-shave cream
Razor: Rex Supply Envoy
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Parker Long Loft Badger
Post-Shave: Osma Tradition Alum Block, cold water rinse
Aftershave: Skin Bracer

After years of use, I finished my last puck of Musgo Real Lime Glyce Soap. I loved it, but can't find it anywhere anymore. So I bought Ach Brito Glyce, which I was told elsewhere on this forum, is the same thing but with different branding. It most assuredly is not the same. The color and smell are quite different. It did the job, but it's not the same. Anyone with a new puck of Musgo they're willing to... well. I'm looking for it, let's leave it at that. Otherwise, another great shave. Four-pass BBS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I'm out as of about a week ago. Special circumstances. The vendor of one of my razors has some new base plates and I am testing them for him.

I did learn to use the Schone very effectively and I like it much better than before I started. I learned that I can probably get on to any razor within about 2 weeks.

Kudos for those of you who will cross the finish line.

March 27 - Shave 13

Prewar Fat Handle Tech
GSB (1)
Arko
Yaqi 22mm

Fresh blade. A few weepers but no irritation overall. I think I have one or two more shaves left for the FFFMM.

Somewhere in the middle of this challenge, I had reservations about Arko. I would say that I can hardly notice the scent after my shave. It doesn't seem to stick around. I am still looking forward to trying out Proraso Red Super Formula. This challenge has been fun and I'm learning a lot.

My twenty-seventh FFFFMM shave 3/27/2020. Two passes north to south and one pass east to west.
Razor: Gillette NLC with custom handle.
Brush: Made Rite #44 24mm Silvertip (restored)
Blade: Astra SP (8)
Cream: Proraso White

IMG_0480.JPG

Shave 27

Prep:Hot shower, ACH Brito Glyce Soap, Proraso Red Pre-shave cream
Razor: Rex Supply Envoy
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Parker Long Loft Badger
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post-Shave: Osma Tradition Alum Block, cold water rinse
After-Shave: Fine American Blend

Got in a big couple of shipments to try out starting April 1. A nice selection of Stirling Soaps, PAA Atomic Age CK-6 base, and a Timeless Razor. I acquired 4 razors this month, and I think I'm done for a while. In April I get to try out a Karve B plate, a Razorock SLOC and JAWS and a Gillette Heritage. I did get some new Aftershaves today as well, and used Fine American Blend tonight for the first time. It's very nice! I also got a bottle of Speick, Ogalalla Bay Rum, and a couple of Stirling splashes. I'm thinking I might try the April restraint, but probably on my own. Tonight's shave was very nice as well. I'm now very much used to this lineup, and am pretty impressed with the dent I've put in the MWF. I load it very heavily. Anyway, a four-pass BBS with no weepers, nicks, or irritation. Happy shaving!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

March 28th - Shave 7

Blade: Derby
Razor: R89
Shave Cream: Truefitt Apsley

The shower and hot towel is definitely the better preparation for a 6-days beard than shaving oil. I accidentally used too much water to build the lather, making a pretty wet, runny lather, but nevertheless, it provided a smooth, comfortable 3-pass shave for a BBS result.

Day #28
FIXED FOUR FOR MARCH MADNESS
Razor:
Viking Captain
Brush:
Omega 11126
Blade:
Astra SP (2nd shave on 6th blade)
Soap:
Van der Hagen (using rain water)
Prep:
Results:
Liquid AntiBacterial face and hand soap.
Rating 10.0
Again, a great shave to start the day.

FFFMM Day 28
Fat Handle Tech
Rapira Platinum Lux (7)
Haslinger’s Meeresalgen
Colonel x2L
No Valkyries today, I’m going to virtual Yosemite.

Last edited:
Got in a big couple of shipments to try out starting April 1. A nice selection of Stirling Soaps, PAA Atomic Age CK-6 base, and a Timeless Razor. I acquired 4 razors this month, and I think I'm done for a while. In April I get to try out a Karve B plate, a Razorock SLOC and JAWS and a Gillette Heritage. I did get some new Aftershaves today as well, and used Fine American Blend tonight for the first time. It's very nice! I also got a bottle of Speick, Ogalalla Bay Rum, and a couple of Stirling splashes.
:crazy:

March 29th

LAST SHAVE!!!

Happy to see out the month with this set-up. Really feel like I'm on the way to mastering this razor and cream. I can knock out a decent shave in no time at all and leave my face feeling great.

I'm going to leave myself a couple of days growth now and start playing with some new toys on April 1st.

Props to Cal for running the thread and congrats to anybody that made the month!

Muhle R89
ToBS Coconut Cream
Gillette Silver Blue
Generic Badger Brush

Top Bottom