Razor: Rex Supply Envoy
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Parker Long Loft Badger
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post-shave: Osma Tradition Alum Block, cold water rinse
Aftershave: Razorock XXX, Hyaluronic acid

Four pass BBS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fighting the temptation to use my new Yaqi Tuxedo brush. It looks great, feels really soft and just had a really nice weight to it that I think I'll really like.

I was supposed to be away for work until next week so ordered it to be waiting for when I got home. Now I'm home and so is the brush.

Need to make it through this last week!

Day #23

FIXED FOUR FOR MARCH MADNESS
Razor:
Viking Captain
Brush:
Omega 11126
Blade:
Astra SP (1st shave on 5th blade)
Soap:
Van der Hagen (using rain water)
Prep:
Results:
Liquid AntiBacterial face and hand soap.
Rating 10.0 No nicks or cuts. Today, I put a tablespoon of hot water on the soap and worked up a great lather without soaking the brush before hand.

Sorry guys. I backed off this time but will be more prepared the next time. I came to know of this Fixed Four thing only on Feb 29 and hurried onto it with shaving supplies I was new to. I chose the Pearl LS-55 Closed Comb razor and the BIC Chrome Platinum blades which I was already comfortable with but only had the Gaia Shaving Cream which I had only used once before because the others in my rotation were not a month's worth. This shaving cream didn't give me close shaves and was giving me a burning sensation on application after the first pass and the second pass. Still was coping up with it until I started to develop some itching and mild rashes too. So I had to step out of the Fixed Four and start using another cream. Since I had done only 2 shaves by then in March I thought of at least sticking with to this new cream for the rest of the month to avoid the feeling of guilt. Then came the next blow. My trusted Parker Best Badger knot came off halfway through in a shave. Still managed to complete that shave by just holding the base of the knot and applying the lather that I had already built with it in a bowl. Tried putting it back with a glue gun and some string glue. The feel of it is gone and it's no longer usable. Had to switch over to my Pink Woolf boar brush.

Now that I know it happens every March the next time I will be better prepared by stocking up supplies in advance to go through the month without interruption. Excuse me this time. Sorry about it. :-(
IMHO Replacing a broken item should not count against you.

March 23 - Shave 11

Prewar Fat Handle Tech
GSB (6)
Arko
Yaqi 22mm

This morning I did two N-S passes, then E-W/W-E depending on what side of the face I was working on. I am a lefty and I am noticing that the right side under my jawline still has some rough spots. I'm sure I will get it down. My left side is smoother. I did have a knick but overall no irritation. I'm pretty sure the knick was my technique in that spot and not the blade due to the lack of irritation elsewhere.

I'm glad that AS is not part of the fixed setup because I received my bottle of PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum a couple of days ago. I love that stuff. The Clasico is good too. I've also tried the Boomtown but to my nose, it has a strong tobacco smell that fades into more of a weed smell. The Capt. Smythe's is smokey and leathery. So far I think all of the PAA Bay Rums are nice, some appeal to me more than others.

I haven't taken any new photos of my setup because like everyone else, I am preoccupied with working from home and making sure my family has some things in place if COVID-19 gets even worse.

I hope you all stay healthy.

I'm glad that AS is not part of the fixed setup because I received my bottle of PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum a couple of days ago. I love that stuff.

Me too. It's a complex scent. I really get the smoky notes from the barrel aging. And it outlasts any Bay Rum I've tried without being cloying. I got the bottle, and liked it so much I went ahead and ordered the 7oz Whiskey Jug.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nice set-up. What happened to your ikon and Parker razors?

Right now I am rotating between 3 razors. My Parker 97, the aluminum General with an iKon handle, and the ATT G1. I love all 3 and it would be very hard for me to pick an over-all favorite. They use 3 different types of blades.

Top Bottom