FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2020 Edition

My FFFMM setup:

Razor: Merkur 37c

Blade: Astra SP

Brush: West Coast Shaving 24mm Tortoiseshell Synth

Soap: Martin de Candre Original

proxy.php

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;4yr/10yr Sabbatical

I have a question on the rules. We have to use the same soap for the duration, but could that soap be a combo mixed before the FFFMM starts? For example, I have a soap that is a combo of Haslinger Coconut & Haslinger Honey mixed in the same container. Is that allowed? Is that counted as one soap, or two soaps?

I have a soap that is a combo of Haslinger Coconut & Haslinger Honey mixed in the same container. Is that allowed? Is that counted as one soap, or two soaps?
No problem Atlantic59. You've made two into one.
So as long as you stick to that mix throughout March all is good. :thumbsup:

NB
Obviously home-made software and hardware is allowed too.

I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of a Game changer, which, if it gets here in time, will be in my Fixed Four lineup. If not, I'll be using the AS-D2. At any rate, I'm definitely in, and I'll post my lineup as the start date approaches. I'm excited!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm going to use Karve closed comb plate E. It's fairly aggressive so I will have to pair it with a milder blade. Still undecided which. The soap will be Núavia Rosso and alum for aftershave. Brush - EJ Silvertip. Will post pics when I'll settle on the blade.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm glad to see you running this again Cal. Fixed Fours are great and I firmly believe they are the best way to learn something either new, or something that one has had problems with.

I'll think about joining in again myself.

@TinyT. This is the perfect time for you to learn your new Fatip!

I've settled on Musgo Real Lime Glyce and Noxema for my pre-shave routine, and Mitchell's Wool Fat for my soap. I'm awaiting delivery of a Game Changer and a Rex Envoy. I'll use one of them with an Israeli Red, if they arrive in time. If not, then I'll be using my AS-D2 with a Feather, and a Gentleman Jon Alum Block and Thayer's Aloe Witch Hazel to finish, with Proraso Red after shave. Once the razor is settled, I'll post a picture of my Fixed Four lineup.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm in. Piece of cake considering more than 90% of my shaves are the same razor, brush, and blade.

Feather ASD2
Gillette Silver Blue
Rick Montalvo "Super Plush" Fan Synth
Soap: MdC, Flavor TBD: Rose, Original, Fougere, or Vetiver. I really ought to 3017 one of these...

I want to be in but I'm waiting on a couple of things. If they arrive in time then my gear will be:

Gillette Pre-war Fat Handle Tech*
Gillette Silver Blue
Arko
Yaqi 22mm Synth*

The ones with the asterisk are what I'm waiting on. The Yaqi may not arrive on time because of AliExpress. If that's the case it will be subbed with a Maggard 18mm travel synth.

Is this a monthly type of thing?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I want to be in but I'm waiting on a couple of things. If they arrive in time then my gear will be:

Gillette Pre-war Fat Handle Tech*
Gillette Silver Blue
Arko
Yaqi 22mm Synth*

The ones with the asterisk are what I'm waiting on. The Yaqi may not arrive on time because of AliExpress. If that's the case it will be subbed with a Maggard 18mm travel synth.

Is this a monthly type of thing?
It's an annual thing that happens every March. Some shave with a fixed four all the time or when ever they get the inkling.

It's an annual thing that happens every March. Some shave with a fixed four all the time or when ever they get the inkling.

Oh, of course. March Madness. I guess I thought it was monthly like a one blade in February type of thing.

I am going to change my lather to AoS Unscented Cream. I have to use that stuff up, so this will be a good chance to dwindle it down. I'm not sure how long those containers last.

Top Bottom