What's new

Fendrihan Kingston open comb

Just stumbled upon this, old type clone made of brass SOLD! After ordering and just wondering if anyone has experience with this?

Reactions: bjm
Time will tell since there isn't much information on it..... Seems like a hidden gem however since it is made of Brass and very inexpensive.

At $14.95 for a full razor? I'd take that with a large grain of salt.

Their Weston Rose Gold head, at $14.95 for just the head, used to be described the same way. But when I weighed it, it was exactly the same weight as the Maggard V3A which it resembled. Since zamak is lighter than brass, that shouldn't be. Somewhere here there's a thread on this where one of our members filed the finish off the end of the post and found zamak underneath the plating. When notified of this, Fendrihan said they had taken their supplier's word for it and then changed the description on their site.

To be fair, $15 for a SS handle isn't bad. And they left my review up when I called them out on the issue.

I bought one recently, have not shaved with it as of yet but the threading is awful. It takes a few minutes of tightening, untightening and wiggling the head to the perfect position or it just gets stuck half way in. I have never experienced this with any other razor.

It also looks like I didn't do enough research... Appears that Fendrihan has a reputation of false product descriptions... Brass turns out to be zinc alloy. In looking into this subject it appears that the Kingston head is around the same listed weight as Razorocks old type...

Note: I said Weston Rose Gold. Not the brass colored one.
Yes the weston rose gold (head) says brass on the website currently... Seems to me Fendrihan descriptions cannot be trusted. As the brass coloured Weston says chrome plated brass?

Last edited:
Well thinking when the Kingston head comes in... Shave with it a couple times then cut it in half... Only way to know...

I have one. Bought it over a year ago because it was labeled as being brass. Whether it is or not isn’t a concern now; it’s not like I’m going to return it, but it’s fallen out of rotation because it’s milder than I prefer.

I have one. Bought it over a year ago because it was labeled as being brass. Whether it is or not isn’t a concern now; it’s not like I’m going to return it, but it’s fallen out of rotation because it’s milder than I prefer.

That's the way I feel about the Weston. It shaves well, so I'll keep it. But prospective buyers should be warned.

Well... Was going to report on the shave on a RR Barber Pole handle... But cut the head with a hacksaw.. Unless a silver brass... Didn't bother cutting all the way on the open comb as it isn't brass coloured inside that first cut. Needless to say that I am done with Fendrihan... Will be calling and if they want I will send in the proof.
IMG_20210630_181227~2.jpg
IMG_20210630_181249.jpg
img_20210630_180101-jpg.1289825

Attachments

• IMG_20210630_180101.jpg
    IMG_20210630_180101.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 219
Too bad. Sorry you’re out the coin but, this is a helpful thread to help members know the score
Had to know! Too many things not adding up. So now we know that Fendrihan doesn't know their own products or they know the misinformation (more likely since they have changed other razors descriptions...) Either way one cannot trust them as a brand.

A WARNING to all that you cannot trust what their razors are made of!

Top Bottom