• Hey Guest. We are currently doing lots and lots of work on the forum software. Please be patient while the kinks are worked out.

Thanks!

Female centric films

"9 to 5" - nobody's mentioned that one. It was great.
"A League of Their Own"
"Fried Green Tomatoes"

also ran: "Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death", "Invasion of the Bee Girls".

A Winter Tan
Winter Bones
Jackie Brown
Camille Claudel
Three Colours Trilogy;
- Three Colours : Blue
- Three Colours : White
- Three Colours : Red

Have only watched two non-documentary movies since 2011 so haven't seen any of and these are off the top of my head;

The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo series in either language
Hunger Games series
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri
Hidden Figures

Have to be others, nobody?
dave

I wouldn't call these movies woman-centric like they were made for women and they aren't necessarily "buddy films" but they feature strong women/girls as the central characters that carry the story. I really enjoyed and recommend them all.

Hayao Miyazaki's animated films came to mind immediately. Some of my favorites:
- Spirited Away
- Kiki's Delivery Service
- Howl's Moving Castle
- Princess Mononoke
- My Neighbor Totoro

Others:
- Bridesmaids
- The Heat (McCarthy/Bullock)
- Spy (McCarthy)
- The Turning Point (MacLaine/Bancroft)
Daughter turned me onto Miyazaki . . . love EVERYTHING he ever produced.

The Charlies Angels movies
Mean Girls
Heathers
Girl Interrupted
Oceans Eight
Bandidas
Sucker Punch

Last edited:
With all the favorite movie lists being discussed here, thought I would turn this on its head and see if there are any gal pal films you made it through.

A League of Their Own
Thelma & Louise
Steel Magnolias
just to clarify, when you say "made it through" i assume you mean deep rem sleep start to credits?
;)

I went with the female centric basis of the thread title.

Gal pal movie such as originally mentioned, Thelma & Louise, A League of Our Own, i'd probably choose over most male bonding, buddy, bro, 'male' centric, testosterone driven movies.
dave

Amelie is a very charming movie and I really like its quirky style. I think the TV series "Pushing Daisies" style was heavily influenced by Amelie.
Yes, I would also call Amelie charming and quirky, and I think that is a commendable description. Refreshing and original too. I am not familiar with "Pushing Daisies", but I will keep your comment in mind if I run across it.

Yes, I would also call Amelie charming and quirky, and I think that is a commendable description. Refreshing and original too. I am not familiar with "Pushing Daisies", but I will keep your comment in mind if I run across it.
Re: Pushing Daisies, you'd probably have to intentionally look for that show, I doubt you'd run across it by chance. It lasted for only 2 seasons from 2007-2009 and is described as a fantasy, mystery, comedy, drama. It won several Emmys during its short run and like Amelie was quirky, charming, refreshing and original.