What's new

Feeling less motivated?!

Any day the Permacloud (TM) will descend on us here in SW Ohio, and it will stay till mid-late March. I'm in the Miami River valley, and the combination of low land and the huge open waters of Lakes Erie and Michigan to the north and northwest means that moisture gets picked up off the warmer lake water and settles here in a permanent grey cloud. It literally never breaks. Fortunately we don't get 300 inches of lake effect snow, but the Permacloud (TM) is just awful. I've spent winters in New Hampshire where it snowed all the time and the temp hovered around 0 for weeks, but there'd be days when the sky was so bright and blue it was almost purple. I've also spent winters in Ireland where it is perpetually 38 degrees F and wet for 4 solid months (not to mention 16 hours of darkness each day) but despite the wet and the dark the skies move quickly and there's at least a little sun most days. Honestly I'd take either of those over the Permacloud (TM).

I'm in Middletown tonight. Grew up here. Yes, I don't mind cold if I can at least see sun.

If it’s to cold like minus ...then I can’t be stuffed shaving half of the time either and just temporarily grow my facial hair

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I find myself feeling less motivated to shave as the colder weather approaches in addition to taking more Working From Home (WFH) days. I go outside with the family and wind kicks in and I am wondering, why did I shave today (ha ha). Or maybe its just me getting more lazier because there is barely any sunlight out during the upcoming winter days.

Anyone else finding themselves in this situation?
Yes.

I'm ALWAYS lazy, but winter gives me an excellent excuse to practice my talent!

FarmerTan

Any day the Permacloud (TM) will descend on us here in SW Ohio, and it will stay till mid-late March. I'm in the Miami River valley, and the combination of low land and the huge open waters of Lakes Erie and Michigan to the north and northwest means that moisture gets picked up off the warmer lake water and settles here in a permanent grey cloud. It literally never breaks. Fortunately we don't get 300 inches of lake effect snow, but the Permacloud (TM) is just awful. I've spent winters in New Hampshire where it snowed all the time and the temp hovered around 0 for weeks, but there'd be days when the sky was so bright and blue it was almost purple. I've also spent winters in Ireland where it is perpetually 38 degrees F and wet for 4 solid months (not to mention 16 hours of darkness each day) but despite the wet and the dark the skies move quickly and there's at least a little sun most days. Honestly I'd take either of those over the Permacloud (TM).
Amen. Michigan probably has more cloud filled days than the planet Venus.

No sun is one of the reasons I will shake the dust off my sandals and move some day.

It's beautiful here in Michigan during our 6 weeks of Summer though!

Amen. Michigan probably has more cloud filled days than the planet Venus.

No sun is one of the reasons I will shake the dust off my sandals and move some day.

It's beautiful here in Michigan during our 6 weeks of Summer though!
I don’t think I could handle that. Cloudy stretches with no sun tend to leave me cranky. And I’m cranky enough when the sun shines.

FarmerTan

Amen! But SWMBO won’t move further south. She wants to move to a mountain in Colorado. I told her we can’t move anywhere that UPS can’t find me.
Amen!

I use shaving stuff deliveries to drive my wife crazy.
(There is little doubt that woman will get away with the deed if they never find my body.)

I may have an incredibly handsome face, but I certainly don't have a naturally nice bone in my body.

But I think I'd go to Arizona, as @ackvil obviously doesn't have enough stress in his life.
I like Arizona, but SWMBO is having none of it. It’s a mountain in Colorado or we stay out in Oklahoma. So, here we are.

FarmerTan

Here's how little I accomplished today: I researched from my Lazyarseboy.

I've always wanted to move to Juneau Alaska for the summer. Now, they get what, 15 minutes of sun this time of year? Lol, the high temp there this week is better than Michigan!

I've heard that people in Alaska winter in Hawaii. Is this true? I've got family in Hawaii. I may live my dream yet!

FarmerTan

I like Arizona, but SWMBO is having none of it. It’s a mountain in Colorado or we stay out in Oklahoma. So, here we are.
I could live in Colorado. Their politics is getting closer to L.A. than Texas or Arizona though. I like revolvers too much move to a state that doesn't appreciate my hobbies!

I could live in Colorado. Their politics is getting closer to L.A. than Texas or Arizona though. I like revolvers too much move to a state that doesn't appreciate my hobbies!
That’s the other part I don’t like. I’m a Reagan Republican and my politics don’t fit in with Colorado.

Here's how little I accomplished today: I researched from my Lazyarseboy.

I've always wanted to move to Juneau Alaska for the summer. Now, they get what, 15 minutes of sun this time of year? Lol, the high temp there this week is better than Michigan!

I've heard that people in Alaska winter in Hawaii. Is this true? I've got family in Hawaii. I may live my dream yet!
We cruised to Juneau, Skagway and Victoria two years ago in August. I really liked the long days, not so much the perpetual cloud cover. I loved the nature and wildlife. But, if we ever go again we will fly right in to Juneau. This landlubber doesn’t do well on the ocean, even though we were on one of Caribbean’s biggest ships. I was sick from Seattle to Juneau and then from Skagway back to Victoria.

I'm in Centerville. I'd offer to meet halfway in Lebanon for a drink but the governor has padlocked all the bars.

Centerville, eh? Strange that our two towns are almost synonyms. Middletown/Centerville.

Add to that Ohio is considered the statistical median of America in political science. We are considered the most "typical" Americans. Our official state song should be "Ordinary Average Guys" by Joe Walsh.

Are you the guy who has raided all the antique stores between Dayton, Waynesville, and Lebanon for DE razors? Perhaps even the three antique malls off I-70 over in Springfield? I know one of us has been doing this.

FarmerTan

Centerville, eh? Strange that our two towns are almost synonyms. Middletown/Centerville.

Add to that Ohio is considered the statistical median of America in political science. We are considered the most "typical" Americans. Our official state song should be "Ordinary Average Guys" by Joe Walsh.

Are you the guy who has raided all the antique stores between Dayton, Waynesville, and Lebanon for DE razors? Perhaps even the three antique malls off I-70 over in Springfield? I know one of us has been doing this.
Well, geographically speaking then I am "Above Average" by living in Michigan!

Top Bottom