What's new

Feeling less motivated?!

Here's how little I accomplished today: I researched from my Lazyarseboy.

I've always wanted to move to Juneau Alaska for the summer. Now, they get what, 15 minutes of sun this time of year? Lol, the high temp there this week is better than Michigan!

I've heard that people in Alaska winter in Hawaii. Is this true? I've got family in Hawaii. I may live my dream yet!

Well @FarmerTan you're not far off. Hawaii is pretty much the polar opposite to Alaska, so its nice to have some sun and warmth every now and then.

And I will have you know we get at least 30 minutes of sunlight.

We cruised to Juneau, Skagway and Victoria two years ago in August. I really liked the long days, not so much the perpetual cloud cover. I loved the nature and wildlife. But, if we ever go again we will fly right in to Juneau. This landlubber doesn’t do well on the ocean, even though we were on one of Caribbean’s biggest ships. I was sick from Seattle to Juneau and then from Skagway back to Victoria.
@TexOkie Shaver Are you into outdoor activates? Hiking, fishing, or hunting?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well @FarmerTan you're not far off. Hawaii is pretty much the polar opposite to Alaska, so its nice to have some sun and warmth every now and then.

And I will have you know we get at least 30 minutes of sunlight.
My brother in law hunted in Alaska for a week one year in the summer. After that he wanted to live there! He said he looked down and saw trout in a stream as long as his arm, looked across and saw a huge elk, turned around and saw a huger moose, lol!

If I had only myself to worry about I'd have been living in those last two states admitted to our Union a long time ago!

My brother in law hunted in Alaska for a week one year in the summer. After that he wanted to live there! He said he looked down and saw trout in a stream as long as his arm, looked across and saw a huge elk, turned around and saw a huger moose, lol!

If I had only myself to worry about I'd have been living in those last two states admitted to our Union a long time ago!
Juneau is in a weird place in that we are like a bush community. Only way in is by boat or plane. But there are things to do.

He said he looked down and saw trout in a stream as long as his arm, looked across and saw a huge elk, turned around and saw a huger moose, lol!
My brother in law's dad pulled a 50 pound salmon out of the water here this year. Thing was a monster.

I think the only way I survive the winter is by doing Nordic skiing. I take my husky out skiing in the winter and have her pull me.

But I will not do any of that cold water shaving that everyone is raving about. I am cold enough as it is.

@TexOkie Shaver Are you into outdoor activates? Hiking, fishing, or hunting?
Not anymore. The legs won’t carry me very far. I’ve got a bad back and sciatica that they tell me is coming from the back. I used to love walking in the forests, woods, party’s, etc. and shooting photographs. Tomorrow I’m going to the hospital for a lower spinal epidural injection. I hope this works, otherwise it’s a life of back ache or back surgery.

Not anymore. The legs won’t carry me very far. I’ve got a bad back and sciatica that they tell me is coming from the back. I used to love walking in the forests, woods, party’s, etc. and shooting photographs. Tomorrow I’m going to the hospital for a lower spinal epidural injection. I hope this works, otherwise it’s a life of back ache or back surgery.
That's too bad mate. Back issues are no joke. My father in law had some rubber donut put between two vertebrae. Best of luck to you.

I was going to say that if you ever found your way back up here to let me know and I would be happy to leave you on a mountain. :laugh:

A few shots from Alaska. The first is the Yukon & White Pass RR. The second is the Mendenhall Park. The third is the tail of a humpback whale as it went deep.

FE4B88D0-86A1-48AE-9A97-7DCD90DC8E00.jpeg
61B75C84-6CF1-4963-9A03-D0CA66F6C3DD.jpeg
EFD59418-647B-4E20-80D6-CFBA615AEF6C.jpeg

That's too bad mate. Back issues are no joke. My father in law had some rubber donut put between two vertebrae. Best of luck to you.

I was going to say that if you ever found your way back up here to let me know and I would be happy to leave you on a mountain. :laugh:
I’ve got almost no space between L1-L5 and three bulging discs.

I would have loved that back about 30 years ago. The mountain that is.

Last edited:
@TexOkie Shaver I run a good bit around Mendenhall before the salmon come in. Your photography skills are great! You should start an Alaska photos thread.
Thank you. I appreciate the compliment. I have been putting off running my photos through Lightroom and I need to do that before posting. I shoot my photos exposed to the right. They have to be adjusted to bring out the details.

I find myself feeling less motivated to shave as the colder weather approaches in addition to taking more Working From Home (WFH) days. I go outside with the family and wind kicks in and I am wondering, why did I shave today (ha ha). Or maybe its just me getting more lazier because there is barely any sunlight out during the upcoming winter days.

Anyone else finding themselves in this situation?
In weather like this I shave every other day, then I look forward to it

Top Bottom