What's new

Feel like a MAN after my shave this morning

So there isn't that much to this thread this morning I just wanted to say that my shave was great this morning. I had bought my first vintage razor the other day and finally cleaned it up. My 1958 Gillette Super Speed Flair Tip TV Special cleaned up so much better than I ever thought. So why not take it out for a test drive, right? So I shaved with it and the shave was really great. For such a mild razor it really did a good job with my coarse beard. I splashed on some Fine American Blend After Shave and styled my hair in a modified 1940s/1950s hair style. Great shave...great hair...I might just wear a suit to work today. Damn I feel like a MAN!

Very nice. I use a '66 Slim most mornings and Fines American Blend is one of my favorites. Old Gillettes are great. I love 'em.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Shaved with a '56 flare tip this morning. What a beautiful razor. My impression is it's more aggressive than a Tech, but a lot depends on the blade.

Think of the cars from that period - rocket fins were fashionable - the flare tip reflects the styling of the day.

Was having such a good shave with it, I went ATG on the neck - always a bad idea. Yet with the improved lather (wasted product and beat it silly - worth it) and that flare tip, got good results. Some AS burn but no rash.

And smooth that makes one just have a better day. So I know what you mean.

AA

Congrats on the great shave! Vintage razors are great, aren't they? I'm glad you found yours and are happy with it.

Awesome! Isn't is marvelous? I just LOVE that refreshing ritual of the Morning Shave. It's as much a part of my day's enjoyment as my coffee. It's just inconceivable to skip either of them! Then that splash of Aqua Velva at the end... Ahhh!

Awesome! Isn't is marvelous? I just LOVE that refreshing ritual of the Morning Shave. It's as much a part of my day's enjoyment as my coffee. It's just inconceivable to skip either of them! Then that splash of Aqua Velva at the end... Ahhh!

Same here! Except... Floid Blue.:tongue_sm

Top Bottom