What's new

Feel Good Friday-Let"s see a Piece from your Collection!

Happy (Good) Friday! :biggrin1:

My Tuckaway.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This friday, I'm feeling kinda bummed. I'm stuck at work when I should be at home taking a break. So to cheer me up a little, I'm going to post my glass Pinaud bottles. I just need to find a new cap/topper for the LV before I fill it up and put it to use. Enjoy!

full

There, I feel a little better now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Larry, Those Brushes are quite the EYE appeal! And Drew, you never cease to amaze me my friend! Thanks Gentlemen!!!

Here's what I shaved with today, a Kampfe Star lather catcher that will take either wedge blades or modern SE ones. I don't have any wedge blades, so I used a modern Gem stainless. Got a close shave, but with a little irritation. This isn't as easy as a Gem 1912.

proxy.php

This model has patents from 1900 and 1901, and seems to have first come out in 1902, but was still being made in 1919. From the case it came with, I may have the 1919 version, but can't be sure.

View attachment 159045

The only two razors I have a case for.
'56 SS and there is no date code for the other SS but if I'm right (have been wrong before) I know for sure its not a '47 because it has the blade hooks on the side. Any info on it would help.

Thanks,
Mark.

The "blade hooks" :)lol:) are commonly known as notches. They first appeared in 1947, so if yours has the notches but no date code it was made between 1947 and 1949. It is literally impossible to tell unless the blades are original to the set, in which case they will have a date code on them, even though gillette didn't start "regularly" using date codes until 1950

There three blades left. They are printed D-2. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Mark

Those blades are from 1958, so they are not original to the set. That means it was made somewhere between 1947-1949. And unfortunately it can't be pinned down any further than that

Top Bottom